What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 160
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I wanted to finish up the bed I'm preparing in the garden for garlic, but it's so smoky here today that it's just not a ...

Page 160 of 178 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1774
Like Tree528Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

I wanted to finish up the bed I'm preparing in the garden for garlic, but it's so smoky here today that it's just not a day for extended garden work. Thinking about converting some of the meat in my freezer to canned. The thought of pressure canning freaks me out, though.
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.

Scored an ammo cache of 9mm, .223 and 5.56 (green tip) for $500 for a friend. I'm well stocked but he's not, so he's given me carte blanche to find certain calibers.
    Slippy and paraquack like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Paper towels are at the club 1-2 days a month no more, TP once a month except for the chink bamboo crap.

I now have 10 cases of 36 pack /Scott 1,100 sheet rolls of TP in my living room.

There is no where else to put it, the other 50 some odd have their space.
    You may want to consider installing a bidet. I recently did ($35 at Amazon) and it seriously reduced how much TP we use to the point where we are going to be able to free up some storage space.
    My wife was weary but now loves the bidet. Of course a bidet isn't a good prep unless you know that you'll have pressurized water if the grid goes down.
    SOCOM42 and Michael_Js like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    You may want to consider installing a bidet. I recently did ($35 at Amazon) and it seriously reduced how much TP we use to the point where we are going to be able to free up some storage space.
    My wife was weary but now loves the bidet. Of course a bidet isn't a good prep unless you know that you'll have pressurized water if the grid goes down.
    I have used them and do not like them.

I have no space in the master to fit one either.

Continuing to work on mapping out/walking out/photographing areas around the neighborhood, if trouble decides to visit the suburbs. Yeah, a bit paranoid with all of the garbage they are pulling, but it's exercise, and if nothing else gets me out moving.

Continue to keep up with 'the other side', monitoring Twitter (following local and county fire and PD for updates, some local news, Antifawatch sites).

Downloaded and printed out the preparation material from county fire dept., since they are pushing September as Preparedness Month.

Wandered around this site, https://crimethinc.com/, ("CrimethInc. is a rebel alliance — a secret society pledged to the propagation of crimethink. It is a think tank producing inflammatory ideas and action, a sphinx posing questions fatal to the superstitions of our age.") Serious amount of information on tactics, perception, etc. And links to folks who are out stirring stuff up.

Staying out of the smoke (unhealthy air warnings), and keeping up with exercising indoors.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I have used them and do not like them.

I have no space in the master to fit one either.
    The $35 bidet on Amazon mounts on your current toilet under the seat and the control sticks out to the right (if you're sitting down) about 4". It's not like the separate bowl you hop over on they use in some fancy hotels and installs in 15 minutes. It's kinda weird to say this but my wife is ecstatic about it and I find it acceptable; lot less TP usage so less TP storage and "cash going down the toilet". Should make the septic tank go longer between pump-outs too.
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.

Been playing with a KelTek CMR30 in 22 magnum recently for the wife and my plinking fun. She doesn't like anything stronger than a 22lr but we have long sight lines here so I wanted a super lightweight extremally low kick rifle for longer distances, preferably over 125 yds without using a full sized battle rifle (think super lightweight).

22lr bullets tend to go subsonic (16" barrel} so can start to tumble at 70 yards. So the effective range is about 70 yds.

22 mag shells (with a 40 gn bullet) generally don't go subsonic (potentially tumbling) for around 140 yds so more accurate at longer distances plus twice the hitting power at all distances with almost no kick.

At 3.8 lbs it's super lightweight, stock collapses to 21.5" total length; that's tiny. And a few loaded mags weigh nothing so you can carry it in your BOB easily. The collapsible stock actually gives a descent cheek weld for sight alignment. To keep the weapon reliable you need to be careful how you load the mag to avoid misfeeds and clean every 200-400 rounds (rimfire is dirty ammo) but no problems since I've figured things out with the last 400 rnds shooting with no problems and no cleaning. This fairly new rifle likes to run wet with grease used on the bolt groves. (900 rounds through the rifle so far). But it prefers 40gn or heavier bullets to cycle well. For reliable cycling no 30 grain expanding varmint rounds until it's super broke in.

3.5 moa is plenty accurate with most loads. And it's a blast to shoot! If ammo was cheaper I could easily blast through 500 rnds a session. It's that much fun when ringing steel targets. It's not a "battle rifle" but nobody is going to charge you with thirty 22 mag bullets whistling past their ears.

Get a LULA mag loader. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021153869?pid=896872
    to load the mags. It really helps feed reliability.
    Last edited by Elvis; 09-12-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

My electrical service breaker box contains ‘pushmatic’ breakers. This company is out of business and the only new replacements come from china. There is some ‘new old stock’ available from Siemens at crazy prices. So I have scrounged up some used spares and one new chinese replacement in each of the 3 sizes in my service box. Having spares on hand is a smart prep in my opinion.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    My electrical service breaker box contains ‘pushmatic’ breakers. This company is out of business and the only new replacements come from china. There is some ‘new old stock’ available from Siemens at crazy prices. So I have scrounged up some used spares and one new chinese replacement in each of the 3 sizes in my service box. Having spares on hand is a smart prep in my opinion.
    Those are some of the most durable breakers around. Lots of people think they're crap because Bulldog is out of business. But they're built like...... well........... bulldogs!

You can buy Connecticut Electric brand replacements at Home Depot.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Those are some of the most durable breakers around. Lots of people think they're crap because Bulldog is out of business. But they're built like...... well........... bulldogs!

You can buy Connecticut Electric brand replacements at Home Depot.
    Yes. That’s where I bought my new ones. But Connecticut Electric is ‘made in china’.

Page 160 of 178 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links