What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 150
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Elvis Beautiful work Back Pack. Looks like you replaced some of the shingles too. While old roofing cement is what caused your ...

Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1646
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Beautiful work Back Pack. Looks like you replaced some of the shingles too.

While old roofing cement is what caused your problem keeping a bit of roofing cement around may be a good prep.
    The coating wasn't the issue. Once I got done and was cleaning up, I found a crack in the original vent. It was covered up by both the shingles and the upper cap of the vent. I suppose I could have seen it if I looked close enough, but slopping on a bit of roof cement would have only been a temporary solution at best. it would still need replacing.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-vent-03.jpg

The shingles were replaced simply because it was easier to destroy some of the existing ones that to try to salvage them.
    Elvis likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Just bought/received a Goal Zero Yeti 500X and Boulder 100W solar panel. All charged up and ready to use...

Peace,
    Michael J.

Sent e-mails to both of my senators and my representative telling them to not allow any more Federal supplemental payments ($600 a week) to people on unemployment. Also to not pay people bonus cash for starting a job.
    Michael_Js likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Went to Walmart today to buy some oil (on sale) for my truck and car. Strolled down the Mexican isle to see if there was any Goya products, couldn't find any. Did find 20 lb's of rice, 5 lb's

split pea, 5 lb's red bean, 5 lb's black bean, 10 lb's pinto beans. Went to the soup isle, talk about slim pick'ins, the guy next to me called it table scraps, I did find some of the types i like,

different brand than I like, oh well. Check'ed for pool accessaries, just chemicals. Still can't find pellets for my air rifle, have to order on line I guess.

Got home and told my wife how frustrating it is to go to get any kind of supplies, any store, and it's not there. She said she can just order things online. I said that's not the point!

I also, did get the oil

It's bad out there!
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Today was the basics. Finished reorganizing our kitchen and food storage. And trying round three with sprouting. I tried several years ago and a few months ago and apparently I struggle to even grow sprouts.... third time’s the charm though!
    Michael_Js likes this.

Found a source of fresh from the cow milk & cream......Jersey even. Not that we drink alot of milk or need the cream for butter....but I won't let it go to waste that's for sure. I have some kefir in the fridge that needed to be refreshed, and added some of the cream. We'll see how the kefir reacts to it.

The point was to get that avenue open as an option and may also be a source of new chickens.
    paulag1955 and Michael_Js like this.

When I upgraded my phone back in February, I migrated my existing 16g card into it. It was fine for my uses, as I only had used half of it.

But one of my long-term plans was to upgrade it to a 256g card so I could copy my entire (158g) prepper e-library to it. So today is that day. I stopped by a local camera store, dropped the dime on a Sandisk 256g micro CD card, and am now copying my library to it.

In the past, I had been using an OTG cord to read the library from a thumb drive. Cumbersome, because I have to copy the file from the thumb drive and paste it onto the internal card before I can open the PDF. Now I can relegate that system to backup as the library will also reside on the phone's internal 256g card.

Just another 2 hours and 15 minutes to go...............

Name:  215 to go.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  61.0 KB
    paulag1955 likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I've devoted the better part of a day to ordering seeds as a hedge against possible shortages next spring.

I am adding as much can goods, beans and rice as I can when I find it. There will be shortages to come.
    Michael_Js and SOCOM42 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I am adding as much can goods, beans and rice as I can when I find it. There will be shortages to come.
    Right there with you, these are my short term stores of such, 1-2 years worth,
    they are not or will be prepped for long term storage, there are already plenty of those.

Behind the 220 pounds of rice is 50 pounds of dried beans.
    What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-spam-45-s-016.jpg

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-spam-45-s-014.jpg
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-04-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Prepared One likes this.

Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links