What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 143
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Still working in my garden, figuring out how to minimize water usage. I think I'm at a point now where I'll be able to water ...

Page 143 of 194 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1937
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Still working in my garden, figuring out how to minimize water usage. I think I'm at a point now where I'll be able to water every other or possibly every second day, which is a HUGE improvement over having to water twice a day.
    Slippy and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMileHunter View Post
    I bought more ammo.

TMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have been looking for decent priced target ammo. I am having trouble finding any. The really high priced stuff is still out there and the prices keep going up.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I have been looking for decent priced target ammo. I am having trouble finding any. The really high priced stuff is still out there and the prices keep going up.
    Ammo is incredibly stupid these days. I am glad I am well stocked so I don't have to pay the high prices, even if I could find it. last time I bought ammo was 2 weeks ago. I stumbled across a couple of boxes of 30-06, the last 2 they had and it was the regular price.

Guns are the same way. My owner called me and another guy into his office the other day to talk about getting an AR. Anyways, although he has had his license to carry for years he decided it was time to buy an AR and he asked what were some of the best ones out there. We both looked at each other and busted out laughing. I told him if he can find one on the shelf, buy it. Otherwise your best bet is to order one and wait. I talked to one gun shop owner just the other day and he said as soon as he puts the AR's out he sell them, shotguns as well. He cant order them fast enough and his wait time is getting to be about 4 weeks.
    inceptor and Michael_Js like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Fixed up a big ol' batch of goulash last night. Most of it is now vac-sealed and in the freezer. One more serving for dinner is in the fridge for tonight.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Bought more food and another shelf for the pantry. Developing the habit of buying a little more than necessary has started to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Ammo is incredibly stupid these days. I am glad I am well stocked so I don't have to pay the high prices, even if I could find it. last time I bought ammo was 2 weeks ago. I stumbled across a couple of boxes of 30-06, the last 2 they had and it was the regular price.

Guns are the same way. My owner called me and another guy into his office the other day to talk about getting an AR. Anyways, although he has had his license to carry for years he decided it was time to buy an AR and he asked what were some of the best ones out there. We both looked at each other and busted out laughing. I told him if he can find one on the shelf, buy it. Otherwise your best bet is to order one and wait. I talked to one gun shop owner just the other day and he said as soon as he puts the AR's out he sell them, shotguns as well. He cant order them fast enough and his wait time is getting to be about 4 weeks.
    My wife and her sister decided that my guns were too big for their hands. They settled on the new Shield 9EZ, 3 weeks later and at 2 different stores we got them each one. Each store had just got them in and only had the one.

I didn't want to get into my "backup stuff" so I looked at buying some extra for them to practice with. WOW! I'm fine for my stuff. But for extra practice I could use some. I did find a case at a reasonable price but that went quickly. Now the prices and availability suck.
    Prepared One and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by learnpreppingtoday View Post
    Bought more food and another shelf for the pantry. Developing the habit of buying a little more than necessary has started to pay off.
    That's the best way to do it. It may take a little time but it's a good habit to get into. You'll find you have a fair amount in a short time. Just keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I looked at the numbers last week. Gun sales are at record highs. In May NICS did 3m+ background checks.

When we went to pick up my wife's pistol, I was looking at the inventory they had in the case. It was very limited except for the really high dollar pistols. They did have some AR's on the wall but I didn't look to see what they had.
    Prepared One likes this.

Just came back from filling up 3, 5-gal gas cans. I keep 5 ready when needed - mostly for lawn mowers, chain saw, weed whacker...but... Also have 15 gal diesel for the tractor.
    I keep my car at 1/2 or more filled at all times. My wife, well, doesn't care about that...so, my car will be used in case we need to scoot...

We just did another large Costco trip (when aren't they large?) yesterday to stock up on items...garden is producing strawberries by the pounds. Garlic is almost ready to be pulled - about 150 bulbs this year! Some onions almost ready. Asparagus every few days. More artichokes yesterday. Snap peas are almost there...carrots doing well as is the corn...Will be a great year!

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Piratesailor and inceptor like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I don’t know if this is actually a “prep” but I”m having conversation with family and friends about the future. Specifically:

1. Trump is re-elected and there are mass riots as well as political and economic upheaval.
    2. Biden is elected and there are mass riots, economic and political upheaval.
    3. Biden is elected and then declared incompetent and his VP (Susan Rice) takes over..and there is mass riot, political and economic upheaval.
    184. Yellowstone erupts.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 143 of 194 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links