What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 138
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Haven't done any prepping lately... just enjoying the fruits of years of such. Masks and gloves? Didn't have to scramble... already had 'em. Shelves empty ...

Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1385
Like Tree1475Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Haven't done any prepping lately... just enjoying the fruits of years of such. Masks and gloves? Didn't have to scramble... already had 'em. Shelves empty of ibuprofen, Tylenol, and no antibiotics? Already had 'em. Rush on gun and ammo purchases? I'm set. Electricity out? Plenty of propane. Soap, cleaners, alcohol? Stacks. Stimulus check? Don't need one. Have an older, somewhat compromised gentleman living around here... has to scrape by on $1000 a month. Usually depends on food banks or selling his blood to survive, but that's all shut down or empty shelves. Plenty of food to help him out. Every problem which has come up, I already seemed to have the solution in my stores. It's a good feeling.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    They say trying to refill the disposable cannisters is delicate work or maybe trying to use the refilled models aint safe. Your a brave man. Thanks.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/How...osable-propan/
    I've got some half-empty canisters somewhere. I'll try to dig 'em up and give this thing a whirl. If you never hear from me again, you'll know what happened.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Yesterday, bought some veggie plants. Planting them today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I've got some half-empty canisters somewhere. I'll try to dig 'em up and give this thing a whirl. If you never hear from me again, you'll know what happened.
    I have tried to fill them with little luck, if you open the blow down valve they fill better.

The problem I faced with a dozen I filled is that the valved leaked out all the contents except one.

That valve is the reverse of a tire filling valve.

A pump is needed to do the job right, make a hand one from a single acting air cylinder say 1" Bore with a 2" stroke.

It would be similar to a hand operated bilge pump.

Put tank on a scale to measure the content.

Just bought more organic and non-gmo veggie starts. Will be planting them, plus more of what's ready in the greenhouse...

We need to get going on the garden as it's pretty lightly planted so far...

Added 3 new AR500 targets to the target range
    A bullseye target and 2 bowling pins

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-20200522_150815.jpg

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Prepared One likes this.

Looking at a 4X4 square hole that's 6-feet deep and covered with old plywood to keep the rain from filling it, and wondering if it'll ever have an outhouse sitting over it! Many family members aren't onboard with prepping and the only thing that keeps me from total frustration is the thought of their having to go on a nature hike for the call of nature. SO frustrating! Wished I was a better builder!
    SOCOM42 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itstimetobunker View Post
    Looking at a 4X4 square hole that's 6-feet deep and covered with old plywood to keep the rain from filling it, and wondering if it'll ever have an outhouse sitting over it! Many family members aren't onboard with prepping and the only thing that keeps me from total frustration is the thought of their having to go on a nature hike for the call of nature. SO frustrating! Wished I was a better builder!
    with one or two holes?

You do want to cover them and make sure there is a vent pipe installed.

Grandparents had one on the farm when I was a kid.

Also they were used in the army before the EPA bs.

Sat many times on them in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    with one or two holes?

You do want to cover them and make sure there is a vent pipe installed.

Grandparents had one on the farm when I was a kid.

Also they were used in the army before the EPA bs.

Sat many times on them in both places.
    I was thinking two : ) I have the vent pipe and materials because lumber is getting harder to find. My brother drew up the plans, and hopefully it will be built soon--if I did it, heaven help the first person to take a seat . . . Ha Ha!

Spent some raining-outdoors time this morning to package and label all the clothing in my Extended BOB Clothing Module.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-ebob-clothing-module.jpg

Got everything stuffed into 1-gallon ziplok bags with printed labels, then added an inventory list to include in the bag (the big blue thing on the left).
    Michael_Js likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.

The Happy Amazon Delivery Van stopped by a bit ago.... dropped of the package with my 1-lb propane tank to lindal adapter.

.....................................What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-backpack-stove-propane-adapter.jpg

Now I can run my small backpack stoves on 1-lb propane tanks if I need to............ provided I don't turn them all the way up and melt them!
    AquaHull, Michael_Js and paraquack like this.

Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 LastLast

Sponsored Links