What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 137
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Went to do a quick sewing project this afternoon. Sewing machine ran about 3 cycles and jammed up. I thought it was a problem with ...

Page 137 of 139 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1385
Like Tree1474Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Went to do a quick sewing project this afternoon. Sewing machine ran about 3 cycles and jammed up. I thought it was a problem with the bobbin, so I pulled off the plate and it was fairly clean... just a few teeny dust bunnies. Put it all back together, tried it, and.......... snapped the needle off. So something wasn't right.

My first though was the needle wasn't centered as I was using a wide a stitch possible and it was striking the rotary hook. Centering it, however, wasn't the issue. Turns out the hook and bobbin system were out of timing.

So I had to flip the whole thing on it's back, pull off the bottom and loosen two set screws. Then manually set the timing so the needle clears the hook. Tighten the set screws, reassemble everything and try it. Luck was with me.... I got it timed on the first try.

Yeah, I know... some of you aren't gonna consider fixing a sewing machine a 'prep'. But for me, a sewing machine IS a prep item, and keeping it in working order is a good idea.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Today I supervised a teenager as he dug an outhouse hole, and preserved eggs in hydrated lime/water. Our forefathers used this method and they'll keep for a year. If they float, toss them. Otherwise, they're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post

Yeah, I know... some of you aren't gonna consider fixing a sewing machine a 'prep'. But for me, a sewing machine IS a prep item, and keeping it in working order is a good idea.
    Being able to fix anything is a prep. Most barely know which end of a screwdriver to use.
    charito likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Being able to fix anything is a prep. Most barely know which end of a screwdriver to use.
    Screwdriver?
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.

I am still clowning around with rolling cigarettes for fun and profit. I got some doozies. Also messed up and grabbed a root beer at Ace Hardware and we had Tillimook Vaniller which is my favoriite so I drank that up in floats and say hey I know how to make root beer so I ran off a batch and it was better than the yankee stuff. Fun hobby if anybody runs out of something to do. Much healthier tastier than store bought and real easy to turn it hard with an addition of cheap tasteless vodka wink wink. Kindly dont axe how I know that thanks. Anyway anybody want to get in the hobby order Zatarains Root beer concentrate and if you want pound or two of Malto Dextrine. Thats an unformentable sugar that gives a good mouth feel. Follow directions on the bottle using it twice as strong as it says. Snag Champaign yeast s to carbonate it. Wash and sterilze stout plastic bottle with screw top lids or buy some and load it up. Sprinkle a bit of yeast and cap it. When the bottles get hard as a rock thats a clue to move em to the ice box and they are fully carbonated. Have tried several other concentrates and not as good. It lasts a long time since this stuff Im using it two years past expiry. Im gong to buy more just to convince my wife it aint expired cause she rufusing to drink it. Any questions? lol.
    https://www.amazon.com/Zatarains-Con.../dp/B008GVQ1AS
    Slippy likes this.

I have bought all sorts of crap. Today, disinfectant wipes, paper towels and 4 large bottles of Germex sanitizer. I think we are well stocked on food, water and everything else for now. I also ordered some ammunition to replace the .22lr and 9mm I have been burning at the farm.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Took delivery of a G-FWorks gas saver.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-g-works-gas-cannister-valve.jpg

It's used to transfer the isobutane / propane gas mix in the canisters used by small camp stoves. Once one gets low, it becomes difficult to determine whether there's enough left to boil another cup or two of water. So just transfer it to another canister.
    csi-tech and bigwheel like this.

Ah, today? 3 new magazines for the new .22 rifle, 3 huge bags of chicken breasts to compliment the 400 lbs. of beef steer we bought last month, tons of batteries and some more magazines for the SIG MPX. In a couple months? A new Kubota tractor.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Took delivery of a G-FWorks gas saver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G Works Gas Cannister Valve.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	106389

It's used to transfer the isobutane / propane gas mix in the canisters used by small camp stoves. Once one gets low, it becomes difficult to determine whether there's enough left to boil another cup or two of water. So just transfer it to another canister.
    They say trying to refill the disposable cannisters is delicate work or maybe trying to use the refilled models aint safe. Your a brave man. Thanks.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/How...osable-propan/

I ordered some new high dollar root beer extract Hires Brand. Never tried any and I loves Zatrains..but thought it might be worth a trial run. Anybody ever tried it?
    https://www.amazon.com/Hires-Big-Roo.../dp/B00JMJZWI0

Sponsored Links