What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by StratMaster No pictures? It didn't happen then! Iíll get you some pictures tomorrow evening Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    No pictures? It didn't happen then!
    Iíll get you some pictures tomorrow evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    StratMaster likes this.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Some pictures for those who asked....really like this AR pistol. If anyone is building a pistol and thinking about even maybe shouldering a brace, hands down the SBA3 was the best investment I made.

QD swivel mounts are a blessing on this. PSA upper, havenít dived into building my own upper yet because when I price the parts out it seems it is always cheaper to just buy a complete. Especially if you can get a deal on the Magpul flip up sights to go with it. Front mounted slant grip is very comfortable. It was originally for a pic rail but I found/modded an adapter for it with some drilling to fit the MLOK rail so it does look kind of bulky. Really like it though.

Anderson lower(go ahead and rip my little pony all you want, always had good luck with them if you can buy and inspect them in person) with a random lower kit I had pieced together in the parts drawer.

As far as upgrades go I would like a Holosun 503G and possibly a magnifier if I can achieve 100 yards accurately. If it doesnít work out I plan on putting that rig on a different AR with 16Ē barrel that I have that doesnít have any optics on it yet and find a more pistol orientated red dot, but I want to try this one first.

I thought about a light but am not fond of them. If I could find a decent way to mount it and be able to take it off easily I will probably do it just havenít researched to fine a mount and light I would like. So if anyone has any recommendations let me know. That will more than likely be after the red dot purchase.

As far as what I carry it in this set up has been great so far. It fits in there with the brace fully collapsed perfectly. Straps seem durable and also come with back pack straps too. I have 220 rounds in it loaded in mags plus the pistol and the straps have held up great so far. Compartment zippers on the inside are great for a cleaning kit as well as maglula speed loader. I plan on getting a small first aid kit in there with some additional eye protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by youngridge; 10-13-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    soyer38301 likes this.

From what I understand using that adjustable buffer tube on a "pistol" disqualifies it as a pistol. @youngridge

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Went for a walk yesterday and it turned out to be a long one. I was already caught up on the Denton and Sas podcast so I tried another one I had recently heard about. Wasted ammo. Turns out the 5-6 episodes I listened to I liked so far. It's worth checking out and isn't just about guns like the title might suggest.

Anyways, it turned my short walk into a 9.5 mile one...just kept going while I was listening. It's been a long time since I took one that long and it reminded me that I want to eventually work up to about a 20 mile walk as that would be my trip home from work if SHTF. My calves and soles of my feet are a little sore this morning but not too bad. 20 miles for my fat ass (220lbs) would be killing me...

I set up my new one man hunting blind in the back yard looking out into my kill zone on the wood. Only 21 days until gun season.

Oh, and we rewired the pump house.

Killing frost coming tonight. Cleared out what was left of sensitive crops from the garden. Tomatoes are done but covered some peppers that have lots of small fruit, those will come inside in pots for the winter. Will have peppers all winter.

Still have broccoli cabbage kale carrots chard spinach growing.

Good day today,

Harvested a few gallons of honey from the hives today but I'm still debating whether to make mead with it or just jar it for Christmas presents. Mrs. Elvis is going to make candles with the wax and wants to hand out honey that came from the same hives as the wax the candles came from.

We're planning on starting some beer and wine tomorrow so maybe pass on making the mead. The grapes did well this year.

Got a mess of corn from a neighbor (he emptied his combine into a barrel for me) and I can think of a few tasty things to make with it. But I don't like keeping too much of the hard stuff around so probably will just long term store the corn.
    youngridge likes this.

Got a new decal

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-20181013_111943.jpg
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Good day today,

Harvested a few gallons of honey from the hives today but I'm still debating whether to make mead with it or just jar it for Christmas presents. Mrs. Elvis is going to make candles with the wax and wants to hand out honey that came from the same hives as the wax the candles came from.

We're planning on starting some beer and wine tomorrow so maybe pass on making the mead. The grapes did well this year.

Got a mess of corn from a neighbor (he emptied his combine into a barrel for me) and I can think of a few tasty things to make with it. But I don't like keeping too much of the hard stuff around so probably will just long term store the corn.
    Mead is a wonderful Christmas present

I made some "Cimeade", hard cider made with champagne yeast, lots of honey, then racked, then bottled with a bit more honey. Clear as the best wine, sparkling, and potent. Opening a bottle was almost like champagne. I used 1-L bail top bottles.
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 10-13-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Mead is a wonderful Christmas present

I made some "Cimeade", hard cider made with champagne yeast, lots of honey, then racked, then bottled with a bit more honey. Clear as the best wine, sparkling, and potent. Opening a bottle was almost like champagne. I used 1-L bail top bottles.
    I often also use the large bail top bottles but don't add honey later and usually hold off bottling at least 6-8 months to avoid the champagne effect. Age it for 18 months after bottling and it's as smooth as spring water at 18% abc with just a hint of carbonation. Handed a few 1/2 liter bottles out at a "prepper" campout last week and watched a few people stagger.

Lots of people talk about prepping and buy some food ect. but most rarely practice like you do.
    Last edited by Elvis; 10-13-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links