Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

326K views 3K replies 217 participants last post by  Back Pack Hack 
#1 ·
#3 ·
What do you normally store and lifespan in mylar? I have been thinking about doing some of the traditional spices and then some of the fancy spices that are for meats.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Learning to read and write in Russian. The Pусский Aлфаьет is very cool. Useful for prepping because now I will be able to read weapons manuscripts for AKs, and other russian weapons. Also should be able to communicate with Russian fisherman and hunters via HAM and get some info on weather, politics, and Russian news as told by their media, and not ours.

#10 ·
Parsing, parsing, parsing...

I think he said he has a pole barn, and he flipped it off and took a selfie. (I know, I know, but there's more.)

Then he looked at his list of pictures, saw it at the top, thought he was on this site and thanked us for displaying it "...at the top."

At least, that's as much as I understand.

#15 ·
Ordered a hand held ham radio and a spare compass and a spare set of 38 special loading dies

#16 ·
PUT a new fuel tank in the BO rig. Valve cover gaskets, new glow plugs, air cleaner, cam sensor and new used tach so the trans shifts good. Working on fuel pump and lines if that gets finished today. It will be tie rods and alignment. May even get the brake lines in this weekend. Trying to get the ole girl 100% just in case.

May even get to the new fuel pump/sending unit on the white truck done this weekend. I hate anything wrong with my rigs and fix stuff ASAP.

#19 ·
Decided to get a 24v battery charger for the batteries in my back-up solar power set up.

Why, when I have solar? So I can charge the batteries if I have utility power available. (Plus it works on 12v automotive batteries as well, so why not?)

Noco G7200

#21 ·
Got tired of going on a Search & Destroy mission every time I needed the Fenix FD40s I have in both my pickup and van. I decided to solve that problem. Stopped by the hardware store on the way home and picked up a couple broom-handle clips. Bolted them to the drinkholders.

View attachment 82037

Now my flashlights are secured down tight and won't roll around taking corners, or hop around on rough roads. Plus ready and at-hand at a moments' notice!

View attachment 82039

#22 ·
Loaded a box of +P 38 LSWHP ammo and shot it in my new Rossi .357.

#23 ·
Today is the second day of cutting up downed trees from the massive thunderstorm we had. It's the third day of no power.

It's getting really old.

The great thing is having a generator that is awesome. I really have to work on getting a transfer switch now. Extension cords suck.

#24 ·
This followed me home yesterday, since I am off for 4 days I think some range time may be in order.

View attachment 82059

#27 ·
If you need 550 cord keep an eye on eBay. I just ordered 1250'(I think) and payed about $40.00 for the spool.

Compared to buying 50' Hanks from Walmart for the imitation cord, a much better deal for the USGI.

#29 ·
Been working 60 hour weeks for a while and just banked another 60 hour week. I work manual labor job for the most part now except when I’m training people. Then you get to make other people suffer lol.

Today I bought some 5 gallon water cans. Water is my focus right now mostly with canned food right beside it.

Reactions: summer and bsemler
#30 ·
How many bathtubs in your house? One, or two?

Fill one of them and cover it as one of the first moves after you can get to it, if the water is still on. If not, isolate the hot water heater. It's always full of potable water, and there are valves already on it that isolate it.

#31 ·
........... If not, isolate the hot water heater. It's always full of potable water, and there are valves already on it that isolate it.
I'd say only 20-30% of the water heaters (not 'hot water heaters'.... why do you need to heat hot water?) in my area don't have valves on the inlet and outlets.

#34 ·
Some days I'd wake up with a headache, and I knew I'd have to do one of two things before I felt better: get out in the left lane of I-5 and coast along three miles an hour below the limit until six different car flashed their lights at me, or get the plumber on the phone and fire him.

And I was usually too busy to drive that far down I-5.

#35 ·
Today I am looking into some books about medicinal plants, as I intend to improve my collection of such plants. I will plant as many as possible in pots, when I get to buy some land in the countryside, I will move them there. Same goes to non conventional eatable plants. This would be a long term investment, many of those plants you can get for free or gather on the wild, but it does take time. In case shit does not hit the fan, I will have a country house with a very nice garden someday 😉

#36 ·
Box of .357 Ammo for newest revolver in the clan

RAdio and reloading dies came in yesterday