Idea regarding sleep during a bug-out in the wild scenaryo

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Idea regarding sleep during a bug-out in the wild scenaryo within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Ok so I just created this account to get started in sharing stuff with other preppers and because I also wanted to ask advice regarding ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Idea regarding sleep during a bug-out in the wild scenaryo

Ok so I just created this account to get started in sharing stuff with other preppers and because I also wanted to ask advice regarding an idea I had a few days ago. So sorry if this post is not really good or i misused the board

I always thought that in a bug-out scenaryo its really hard to sleep.
    Imagine this, you had to bugout and now you are in the middle of nowhere in some woods maybe alone, maybe with 1 or 2 people you trust. The sun starts to go down and you're planning how you are going to spend the night.
    You cant just throw a tent with a sleeping bag like a camping day and go to sleep. You must stay alert all night long or have someone on watch because who knows what could happend during this apocalyptic scenaryo right? And well a lot of other things that we all know could happen and we all know that this is your must vulnerable moment, when you are resting.

So trying to come up with a solution I thought on nature. How do animals keep safe from predators? they sleep on trees.
    So I came up with this solution, you could have something like this on your bugout bag:
    Attachment 80909
    Idea regarding sleep during a bug-out in the wild scenaryo-hjjfhgjfg.png
    These are used by people who have dangerous jobs like cleaning windows or climbers so theyre safe and theyre known for being reliable because people put their lives in the hands of these devices.
    You could climb a tree (or if u cant you could just toss a rope and have a pully system or something if you are not that fit.
    Tie yourself with a chain or a rope to a high strong branch and just sleep hanging or laying on a branch.
    I've used these a couple of times and they're not reaally uncomfortable, i think could sleep using one.
    This would be great for concealment aswell, no one goes around in a forrest looking at every tree top, and even if someone does it would be really hard for them to see someone at the top of tree in the middle of all the brush and the night.

So anyways, I'd like to know the opinion of more experienced people or just preppers in general. Do you think this would be a good idea in such kind of scenaryo?
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigio View Post
    Ok so I just created this account to get started in sharing stuff with other preppers and because I also wanted to ask advice regarding an idea I had a few days ago. So sorry if this post is not really good or i misused the board

I always thought that in a bug-out scenaryo its really hard to sleep.
    Imagine this, you had to bugout and now you are in the middle of nowhere in some woods maybe alone, maybe with 1 or 2 people you trust. The sun starts to go down and you're planning how you are going to spend the night.
    You cant just throw a tent with a sleeping bag like a camping day and go to sleep. You must stay alert all night long or have someone on watch because who knows what could happend during this apocalyptic scenaryo right? And well a lot of other things that we all know could happen and we all know that this is your must vulnerable moment, when you are resting.

So trying to come up with a solution I thought on nature. How do animals keep safe from predators? they sleep on trees.
    So I came up with this solution, you could have something like this on your bugout bag:
    Attachment 80909
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hjjfhgjfg.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	80911
    These are used by people who have dangerous jobs like cleaning windows or climbers so theyre safe and theyre known for being reliable because people put their lives in the hands of these devices.
    You could climb a tree (or if u cant you could just toss a rope and have a pully system or something if you are not that fit.
    Tie yourself with a chain or a rope to a high strong branch and just sleep hanging or laying on a branch.
    I've used these a couple of times and they're not reaally uncomfortable, i think could sleep using one.
    This would be great for concealment aswell, no one goes around in a forrest looking at every tree top, and even if someone does it would be really hard for them to see someone at the top of tree in the middle of all the brush and the night.

So anyways, I'd like to know the opinion of more experienced people or just preppers in general. Do you think this would be a good idea in such kind of scenaryo?
    In my opinion this is not a good idea. You do not want to be stuck in a tree with an enemy around. Just like in Modern Warfare snipers do not climb trees and shoot.

If you are in a tree and you are seen you are F'd.

What you brought up brings out the importance that lone wolfing does not work, you have to have safety in numbers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    StratMaster and RedLion like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Aloha from Saint Louis and SEMO.

Get High.

RedLion and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    In my opinion this is not a good idea. You do not want to be stuck in a tree with an enemy around. Just like in Modern Warfare snipers do not climb trees and shoot.

If you are in a tree and you are seen you are F'd.

What you brought up brings out the importance that lone wolfing does not work, you have to have safety in numbers.
    I would feel safer away from the ground if a threat is nearby. You make a good point tho, but if an enemy is nearby they will definitly find you if you're on the ground, not so much if you are 30 feet above ground.
    And yes, lone wolfing is not a great idea but when SHTF the most likely thing is that you'll be in unfavourable positions and will have to improvise or u may not find urself in the best scenaryo.
    And besides, I think this technique could be applied in groups aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcom Renolds View Post
    Aloha from Saint Louis and SEMO.

Get High.

Aloha, thanks for the reply.
    Thats a great hammock but I think this would use so much more space. Not really viable for a bugout bag or something of that nature.
    And I think this requires a lot more time and training, but interesting.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here (pun intended) and suggest re-thinking any plan which requires wearing a helmet to bed. That's just me.
    Seems like an awful lot of gear to be packing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here (pun intended) and suggest re-thinking any plan which requires wearing a helmet to bed. That's just me.
    Seems like an awful lot of gear to be packing as well.
    Wait, What,? Doesnt EVERYONE wear a helmet to bed? Yall dont have sleepy time helmets?

Dream Helmet ? Sleep Mask, Eye Mask, Quiet Sleeping Pillow, I-phone/Passport Pocket

If you are by yourself set up noise makers to alert you

get off the main road..you should alread be in he tree line.. walking on the road is for sheep or wolves... sheep dogs know to keep a low profile
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Malcom Renolds View Post
    Wait, What,? Doesnt EVERYONE wear a helmet to bed? Yall dont have sleepy time helmets?

Dream Helmet ? Sleep Mask, Eye Mask, Quiet Sleeping Pillow, I-phone/Passport Pocket
    Maybe if my wife had a SERIOUS case of restless leg syndrome...
    Malcom Renolds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Maybe if my wife had a SERIOUS case of restless leg syndrome...
    Mine dreams she is Ronda Rousey. I have had my arm broken twice while sleeping, just try and explain THAT to the ER nurse. They kept asking if I felt safe??? lol.
    StratMaster likes this.

personally the scenario isn't that true to life for a prepper .... a few nites rough camping possible initially for SHTF travel hiking to a BOL - highly doubtful it'll be a WROL situation already and especially in a rural setting .... if your plan is to Jeremiah Johnson it - no real security is one of the major flaws in your plan and you need to live or die with it ...

only exception I see is a long range "get home" where it's forced on you ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links