The other prepper
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The other prepper

This is a discussion on The other prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I like coming to this board. You find preppers with experience in growing gardens, living off the grid, alternative medical preps, etc. As preppers, we ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 11 Post By The Resister
  • 5 Post By RJAMES
  • 1 Post By StratMaster

Thread: The other prepper

Banned

The other prepper

I like coming to this board. You find preppers with experience in growing gardens, living off the grid, alternative medical preps, etc.

As preppers, we should become good citizens. And, as a prepper, that means more than going out to vote and / or expressing political views. I'm the other prepper because while I'm always learning skill sets from many of you, I'm usually sitting on a lot of hard earned experience about how the legal and political machines affect the odds that we may have to put prepping to the test.

There are two areas that preppers, in general, are lacking in: communications and an understanding of our system. We talk a lot about communications, but few people actually have a communications protocol they follow. I see the problem, but without being able to solve it, I don't write a lot about it.

Then there is the other prepper. He understands how the system works and works around it. Sometimes when I tell people the way things ARE, not what we wish them to be, it draws political hacks out of the woodwork like you wouldn't believe. Now, we all know that you cannot reach a lot of people to share your ideas with unless you have an organization - even when you don't call it that. But, in trying to reach large numbers of people regarding a host of political and legal issues, I've become somewhat of a prepper on issues related to navigating the political and legal system.

If we are not careful; if we don't study strategies, we can become victims or of our own good intentions. That is because we live in a world of political opportunists, hacks, disinformation artists, shills, Confidential Informants, and all manner of political propaganda prostitutes. Add to that, a lot of political / legal savvy strategists will get you to support something political on one end of the spectrum and you don't realize that another political group has already figured out how to defeat you at the other end. Let me give a little more specific example:

We have these conversations on discussion boards and we think we aren't doing anything illegal, so no problem. But, the other side is taking notes and using laws we inadvertently supported years ago - like National ID to make sure they could identify us for the times when firearms are outlawed and anti-hoarding statutes are vigorously prosecuted. I'm that other prepper, watching what they're doing and devising strategies to work around them before the SHTF. I'm the other prepper.
    Last edited by The Resister; 06-14-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Principles, Virtues, Morals... ALL the rest is just "negotiating".

1. The Principle of NON aggression
    2. The Principle of Free Market
    3. The Principle of Private property

I am an Anarchist living in "your" country. To take your example of National ID.
    I am Principally against the idea of the National ID. I think folks should have the free right of travel, and to live, work, conduct business where they please. I am at a loss to defend the National ID where it is a defense against Illegal voting and Illegal welfare payments. I live my life and run my daily affairs in an almost "Criminal" manner. I own NOTHING in my own name... yet I maintain exclusive CONTROL of all my assets. Its a matter of "hiding" in plain sight. I am "invisible" to most folks that would entertain the thought of causing me harm. It is a defensive measure. If we remove the Welfare Payment Incentive or the so called "Great Society" war on poverty, we remove the NEED for this national ID Farce.

As far as communications, I have a "listening" station that consists of MANY Receivers, Transceivers, and SDR's that will and does allow me to monitor the air waves for news and friendly calls for assistance. It is a hobby, but one that will make me useful in the future and will aid in my survival. If your Communications statement is more of here and now type of thought (internet, MSM TV, Social Media), then yes a person has to be able to think for themselves and observe the news through their own Principled, Virtuous, and Moral lenses, as IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN. The MSM monster here in the US brought us the Spanish/ American war, WW1, WW2, and has continued to assist the advancement of Communism throughout Vietnam and to current times. Trust none of them, they have proven themselves untrustworthy.

As AN OTHER Prepper I support your diligence and say you are not alone, when the time comes WE will be here to help rebuild a better society.
    Last edited by Malcom Renolds; 06-14-2018 at 12:09 PM.

The Patriot Act is misnamed and most of it in my opinion should not have been passed. We have several laws at the state level along with the Real ID that make it almost impossible to live a "normal " lifestyle and not be visible to criminals.

Not sure what law or laws trip you up for having too much cash - but try and pay for a vehicle let alone a piece of property wit cash now days. Get stopped with 5 to 10 thousand on you and the police want to take it - you must be a drug seller or why would you have that money on you ?
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    The Patriot Act is misnamed and most of it in my opinion should not have been passed. We have several laws at the state level along with the Real ID that make it almost impossible to live a "normal " lifestyle and not be visible to criminals.

Not sure what law or laws trip you up for having too much cash - but try and pay for a vehicle let alone a piece of property wit cash now days. Get stopped with 5 to 10 thousand on you and the police want to take it - you must be a drug seller or why would you have that money on you ?
    That's a fact.
    Not to be outdone, the Republicans proved that they too can turn the meaning of words "on their ear" to achieve an agenda. "Patriot Act" my a$$!

Name:  patriotact1_-_tuma_small.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  36.3 KB
    Slippy likes this.

Forgive me: this is not criticism. I don't quite know where you're going with your initial statement, -nor do I even understand most of what you're saying exactly. I like that you appear to be trying to inform us about some important things though. I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to post again and flesh out your ideas.

I can respond to a few things I think you said:

I think you said that most preppers need to be more politically and legally savvy. On the surface, that seems true, but my observation is that the LAW is no defense against what any level of the government wants. In other words, if the government really wants something from citizens or individuals, the law is an ineffective deterrent. They'll find a way, legal or not, (or make what's currently illegal legal).

Political parties are just the same people dressed in different clothes. Other people, who are of neither party, run the show, -even if they make it look like one or another side wins this or that.

Communications protocol: If you're talking about HAM radio, 2-way HAM communications devices would be illegal during martial law. Martial law definitely would be in effect during a SHTF condition.

"The other side" definitely is taking notes on everyone who participates in "counter"-government activities, -like this forum. Our threat potential is constantly being updated by AI software and some human monitoring where the software flags it. So, if you truly were the OTHER prepper, you wouldn't even have posted here, or anywhere else.

Sponsored Links