Interior Home Active Defense & Strategies - Page 4

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Interior Home Active Defense & Strategies

This is a discussion on Interior Home Active Defense & Strategies within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by TGus Impressive, -sounds like you're making the most of your resources. I wonder if spraying the railing below your patio with lithium ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Interior Home Active Defense & Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by TGus View Post
    Impressive, -sounds like you're making the most of your resources. I wonder if spraying the railing below your patio with lithium grease would prevent people from climbing up.
    You know, I'm just one of those guys that has a can of spray lithium, spray silicone, few qts of oil, tranz fluid, axle grease.
    Lub up the lower railing and grease up the pickets on mine surely would make it a tougher climb.
    Slipping off a 42" high railing could really ruin someones day.

I'm pretty good at making something from nothing, so yea, working with what I got
    Michael_Js likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

I live in the boonies, . . . nearest neighbors are 860 ft and 890 ft away, . . . in the opposite direction I would probably be shooting.

Wife knows to go to the bathroom, . . . I'm holing up in the bedroom, . . . gunsafe door will stop a .223 or lower round, . . . I have plenty of ammo, . . . I know the house, . . . they don't.

If I have enough warning, . . . I have a central located shooting station where I can monitor and protect all 3 entrance doors.

There is cover in my house, . . . but my M1A makes concealment out of cover, . . .

I also have a tractor, . . . and a big box of 55 gallon trash bags, . . . which will work as body bags, . . . if necessary.

Perfect plan??? No such thing, . . . but it might work, . . . have to wait till the thugs show up.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Do not over look the benefits of a good DOG. I do not mean necessarily one of the breeds they consider mean bad axx dogs but a good one. My 62 pound Healer can hold his own and
    darn sure let us know what is going on.
    Annie, phrogman, dwight55 and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TGus View Post
    Why would you need to board up entire windows? Someone here once swore by that, but personally, I don't see the need for it.

How is someone going to get in if the bottom half of the window is covered, and you have a nail board attached to the top of that plywood with nails nails sticking straight up? If you're worried about rocks or Molotov cocktails, just cover the outside top half with secure cage wire. That way, you can see outside better, get better ventilation, and the mesh will allow for a gun barrel to fit through. Since it's all on the outside, you can also use your window and its screen. I'm trying to understand this, so if you see a problem with what I'm proposing, please explain it to me.

I assume that you're going to screw the table inside the front door to entirely block it off. May I suggest that you use a thick piece of plywood on the outside that would allow 1 person at a time to squeeze through, with the opening on the hinge side. If you use strong screws on the hinges, no one will be able to force that door open because they can't kick at the lock. This will allow you to only be able to open the door from the inside if you need it. I would attach the plywood using real metal screws, (not deck screws, which shear under pressure), and fender washers, -so no one can pry the boards off. If there's no electricity, you're also going to need a manual drill/screwdriver combination.

I can see that if the door has a hollow or weak core, you would need to cover the whole door to protect it. If you can, go with 1" pressure-treated plywood instead of the table; you might really need that table. A lot of apartment dwellers don't have any place to store the plywood you would need though.
    The boards are meant to prevent easy entry. If someone wants in, they will get in no matter what but the boards will slow them down. If they are tearing or punching through the boards I know where they are at and where I need to shoot. The front door has a glass center which is the reason for boarding it up. I'm not worried about using it as an entry point, there are other exits in the house. Eventually I will get a security door added to the front but in the meanwhile this is the plan. I hope this answers your question. Oh and I live in a house that is on a half acre lot so I have plenty of room to store what I need. Still working on getting enough wood for all my plans.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My heeler is only about 25-30 lbs but all I need her to do is let me know someone is close by. Then the 220 lbs 2 legged dog goes into action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Do not over look the benefits of a good DOG. I do not mean necessarily one of the breeds they consider mean bad axx dogs but a good one. My 62 pound Healer can hold his own and
    darn sure let us know what is going on.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd like to make a request to those of you who've been in the military, and haven't yet replied to this topic, to think of what needs to be said here for the benefit of us preppers who haven't had your training or experience. This is an important topic that might seem like second-nature to you, but, for the rest of us, what you know may not be so obvious, -and it may save our lives some day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links