Maryland flash floods
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Maryland flash floods

This is a discussion on Maryland flash floods within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Maryland flash floods once in a 1000 year flood. the only problem is that is what they said in 2016. So it seems they do ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 3 Post By patrioteer
  • 1 Post By Chiefster23
  • 1 Post By Mundame

Thread: Maryland flash floods

Maryland flash floods

Maryland flash floods once in a 1000 year flood. the only problem is that is what they said in 2016. So it seems they do not have clue.
    Now a person well grounded in the real world would likely see it this way. People living in a place that water channels to and chnages they have made to the area have made the problem bigger. Like LA.

Ellicott City, Maryland flash floods leave National Guard member missing, devastate town recovering from 2016 deluge | Fox News
    jimb1972 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I watched that video and was baffled at the part where a man had his brewery destroyed in 2016, so he rebuilt and it was destroyed again now in 2018, and he says he is going to rebuild. Seems to me the first time was a shame on you situation, the second is a shame on me, the third is a pull your head out of your butt. I wonder how that brewery can even get insurance at this point without paying massive premiums?
    Denton, Camel923 and jimb1972 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I watched that video and was baffled at the part where a man had his brewery destroyed in 2016, so he rebuilt and it was destroyed again now in 2018, and he says he is going to rebuild. Seems to me the first time was a shame on you situation, the second is a shame on me, the third is a pull your head out of your butt. I wonder how that brewery can even get insurance at this point without paying massive premiums?
    Why not we all pay for it in insurance. Same carp has been going on in Fl and the east cost for a long time.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Ellicott city is a very very old part of Baltimore. A historic district so it is quite trendy. Thats why people rebuild there. It’s a very nice area but it is built in a deep, steep gorge so it is quite naturally a flood prone area.
    Camel923 likes this.

Maybe MD will see increase it’s rain tax.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Get ONE rebuild by insurance for flood damage then no insurance for floods. It's like voting for a democrat and thinking anything will change.

Of course it's the people's water so could you sue the state for not controlling their water??

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Get ONE rebuild by insurance for flood damage then no insurance for floods. It's like voting for a democrat and thinking anything will change.

Of course it's the people's water so could you sue the state for not controlling their water??
    Right here in Wisconsin the City of Gays Mills WI. they got so dam tried of paying to rebuild it they forced them to move the town. They should have done it a lot sooner.

Many people leave an area after a natural disaster occurs. That, and the way most people move around these days, few people in these disaster-prone areas were there for the last 25+ year disaster. Unless it's obvious, or you do an internet search, chances are you won't suspect a future problem when you move in.

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    They got gov. disaster insurance, is how. I had lunch there -- it's a very touristy town -- after the 2016 flood and everyone had rebuilt, restaurants, gift stores. I would question giving them more disaster insurance (but Gov. Hogan did declare it a disaster area about one hour after the flooding started. Of course, it was a FAST flood and very dramatic.)

I hate weather forecasters. Two "thousand year floods" in two years. I've stopped watching any weather. Hubby is addicted to it, but I'm slowly getting him to stop talking so much about it. I guess it's a need for control ---- even if weather forecasts are always wrong.
    patrioteer likes this.

How many times have we rebuilt and paid for islands on the east coast, and rebuilt the same properties . Big storm is nothing but a payday for them. Not to mention New Orleans, Gulf Port ect

Sponsored Links