Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Learning Lessons

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  StratMaster 
#1 ·
Stuff happens. You have to learn and move on. I had a tree fall on my barn. It's smashed. Emergency crews for electric called for back up. The live wires need shut off and then electric restored to the house before we can start reclaiming anything out of the barn. The trees have been issues as they provide some concealment and privacy but with all the rain this winter with more rain and wind... well...
Plant Sky Twig Wood Motor vehicle

Building Plant Wood Window Tree

No one was injured or killed. Praise the Lord on that.

A natural gas generator or a solar set up would have been handy. We will be using the fire place if necessary. I have five in the house. The worst damage is where the tools and Jon boat are.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck with the recovery

#9 ·
Update: restoring electric to house.

Window Plant Building Wood Fixture

Temporary line until we get this mess fixed. Two inches of rain today followed by snow tonight and tomorrow.

#10 ·
Really pissed the wife off when we bought our place. Went around and cut down any threatening trees over hanging the buildings. Opened the place up nicely and it's cleaner with the sun shining in drying things up. Always point out pictures to her like yours. The whole ounce of prevention thing.

Hope it works out for you. Nothing I hate more then arguing with an adjuster.

#16 ·
Got home just before dark. All the pics were from the wife and son. It’s worse than it looks. Large cracks and apparent structural damage even in the so called intact parts. Huge problem in accessing what can be salvaged. The Jon boat is a twisted hulk. I think this barn will be condemned.

#17 ·
Sorry to hear about that. I used to have a meth headed neighbor who hit my car and MH twice with a big split half in two Bradford Pear tree. Trying to figger out the right angle of the insurance companies can get tricky. If the tree is healthty its an act of God. If it wasnt healthy you shoulda called in a tree guy to cure it..looking back on it. Since you only tore up your own stuff..its sort of a blessing in disguise perhaps. See what the insurance man has to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.