Bicycles, A Must Have - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bicycles, A Must Have

This is a discussion on Bicycles, A Must Have within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Slippy There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bicycles, A Must Have

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent in my "Mess with me and your severed head will end up on a Pike" reputation.
    Easy solution, stick the head in the basket on the handlebars. No one will laugh at you after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BagLady View Post
    Well, not for everyone. But good for a lot of folks. We have our horses. Dont need any hands to "drive", and can shoot off of, and go places without being carried. One of our horses, the buggy/riding horse puts his head on my husbands shoulder when he cranks up the chainsaw.
    He's one "cool customer"!
    Exactly, Baglady. Horses have one more trick up their sleeves- they can make new horses. That's something bikes never learned how to do!
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Bikes don't need acres of food though and with proper care they will last longer than most people - you just need bullet proof tires and wheels and a chain made of unbreakable, non-wearing unobtainium.

I do agree that horses are better than bikes. They are better climbing hills and a lot easier on the legs than bicycles. They also have personalities that can be quite ... entertaining.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good point. Bikes dont buck..bite..kick..eat..go poo poo..run off or run up high vet bills. For horses..hobby horses are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperDogs View Post
    Every prepper should have a human powered transportation solution.

Have 3 MTB and 1 road. Lots of spare tubes tires and wheels. Comsumables like cables, brake pads, chains, sprockets, chain wheels, bearings, bottom brackets, etc. And all the tools to strip to bare frame and rebuild including wheels.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links