Bicycles, A Must Have - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bicycles, A Must Have

This is a discussion on Bicycles, A Must Have within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; well I just have to say, every time I see a bike rider I think man he or she has a drunk driving ticket. BUT ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bicycles, A Must Have

well I just have to say, every time I see a bike rider I think man he or she has a drunk driving ticket. BUT not anymore, I have learned to embrace diversity , and do what I want now that I'm over 40. and to the dismay of my kids LOL, But I like to work it, think it, do it and do right by others so I did have a HUGE problem but when the neighbors seen I was bringing gifts, they held the snickers in. And yes my mode of transportation in the warm months is a soft tail.

Simple but great idea !
    Violence is in the person, not in the Gun !

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    After you get the bike, work on a generating system that you can power with the bike to charge a battery, good exercise and a little electric power to boot.
    Great idea mike,
    This is the general idea;
    https://www.practicalpreppers.com/on...em-detail-view
    Boss Dog likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent in my "Mess with me and your severed head will end up on a Pike" reputation.
    Speak for yourself. In the desolation of apocalyptic America, a now worthless $100 bill blows across the road; you can hear the sound of an aluminum soda can rolling around aimlessly, partially echoing off a nearby brick wall, making it impossible to narrow it's location; a gate hangs on its hinges, the lawnmower sitting in the front yard as though it had just been brought out earlier that day... and I come rolling across the edge of the horizon, pumping the pedals on my adult sized trike, sporting a white and a pink flower on the front... Just try and tell me you'd feel comfortable approaching me.
    Slippy and BagLady like this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by dannydefense View Post
    Speak for yourself. In the desolation of apocalyptic America, a now worthless $100 bill blows across the road; you can hear the sound of an aluminum soda can rolling around aimlessly, partially echoing off a nearby brick wall, making it impossible to narrow it's location; a gate hangs on its hinges, the lawnmower sitting in the front yard as though it had just been brought out earlier that day... and I come rolling across the edge of the horizon, pumping the pedals on my adult sized trike, sporting a white and a pink flower on the front... Just try and tell me you'd feel comfortable approaching me.
    That was crazy well written! Live Long and Prosper...whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by dannydefense View Post
    OK, where is the AR /AK with the belt feed system mounted! And no I'm heading for cover, yea call me a sissy.

We use trikes at work. Most of the millwrights have them. They are very good in a factory setting, I bet they would be great for scavenging post shtf. You can also make small trailers for them.

Bicycles, A Must Have-uploadfromtaptalk1411217658377.jpg

My family all has bikes (wife,14yr old son and myself).All mountain bikes and two of the nylon covered "kiddie" trailers.One trailer for our 4yr old son and one for hauling gear.The trailers are great as they can be folded and easily stored.We don't plan on bugging,but if a non fueled vehicle is needed,they are there and will sure beat walking.

Since i'm a homebody,my wife keeps a folding bike in the back of her suv with her ghb.If she's at work and the shtf event is an EMP or something that has the roads clogged up,she needs to go get our 4yr old from preschool (if vehicles are not running) as she is half way there from her work.Heres a pic of it,but don't laugh,it wasn't cheap and the gear ratio's can get it cruising pretty good.It's actually kinda fun to ride,just needs a bell and some neon streamers on the handle bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bicycles, A Must Have-folding-bike-10.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    Since i'm a homebody,my wife keeps a folding bike in the back of her suv with her ghb.If she's at work and the shtf event is an EMP or something that has the roads clogged up,she needs to go get our 4yr old from preschool (if vehicles are not running) as she is half way there from her work.Heres a pic of it,but don't laugh,it wasn't cheap and the gear ratio's can get it cruising pretty good.It's actually kinda fun to ride,just needs a bell and some neon streamers on the handle bars.
    That's not a bad bike, just be careful to avoid it's two arch nemesis;

a) a sidewalk, or
    b) a large bump.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent in my "Mess with me and your severed head will end up on a Pike" reputation.
    Hey Slippy - so does that mean no bell or orange triangle flag on the flexible white stick either?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links