Bicycles, A Must Have - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bicycles, A Must Have

This is a discussion on Bicycles, A Must Have within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; mountain bike design that it was fairly e bike oriented I agree its very useful to have a commotion I can make a long trip ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bicycles, A Must Have

Banned

mountain bike design that it was fairly e bike oriented I agree its very useful to have a commotion I can make a long trip a lot shorter

probably one of the best prepping vehicles out there for SHTF of long duration. as roadways can get really clogged with no gas for tow trucks

elsa pro pretty darn good health I think be a nice walmart on that though getting little love by ipod to turn the bicycle into tripod

Well, not for everyone. But good for a lot of folks. We have our horses. Dont need any hands to "drive", and can shoot off of, and go places without being carried. One of our horses, the buggy/riding horse puts his head on my husbands shoulder when he cranks up the chainsaw.
    He's one "cool customer"!
    Last edited by BagLady; 09-18-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Denton likes this.
    In Memory of Cpl. Bradley Coy
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Sail on, Hunting Hawk. You were one of a kind.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BagLady View Post
    Well, not for everyone. But good for a lot of folks. We have our horses. Dont need any hands to "drive", and can shoot off of, and go places without being carried. One of our horses, the buggy/riding horse puts his head on my husbands shoulder when he cranks up the chainsaw.
    He's one "cool customer"!
    Don't you think it is a little dangerous for the horse to operate a chainsaw?
    ekim and BagLady like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I saw this in a magazine a while back, no idea of the price.

The Ultimate Hunting E-Bike | Petersen's Hunting

Really just wanting a trike from wally.

26" Schwinn Meridian Tricycle - Walmart.com
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Dog View Post
    I saw this in a magazine a while back, no idea of the price.

The Ultimate Hunting E-Bike | Petersen's Hunting

Really just wanting a trike from wally.

26" Schwinn Meridian Tricycle - Walmart.com
    I told my wife that I was thinking about buying a trike and she bought me one from Miami Sun for Christmas. It has a bar in the back that I can attach a wagon to. I am not planning on riding it, but my wife has rheumatoid arthritis so she will sit on it, I will attach a rod across the handlebars so that it extends a couple of feet to the side, and I can push it. Between the basket in the back and the wagon I should be able to transport a couple of hundred pounds plus my wife without too much difficulty. I got the idea from watching videos of the Swiss Army who uses bicycles in the same way and videos of the North Vietnamese. In addition, we have a small lake about a mile from us that is spring fed. If I use that as a water source my trike with a wagon would make it allot easier to get water then trying to carry it a couple of 5 gallon buckets a mile. Easier to carry not to mention being able to carry allot more.

I am planning on getting a regular bike too. Even if you are like me, and plan to pretty much plan on remaining in place if the SHTF (don't live near a large city), I think it will be very handy if you had a bicycle. You can travel allot further, allot faster, and you can use it to carry heavier loads while you push it.

I just bought 2 adult sized trikes, both have large baskets mounted and at $20 per I thought I would just store them until needed, but I have been using one to take garden produce to my neighbors. I love it as It gives me a feel for it and some exercise.

There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent in my "Mess with me and your severed head will end up on a Pike" reputation.
    3forus, ekim, TG and 1 others like this.

the basket is on the back of it LOL

if it easier I can call it a saddle bag . As I know I did not want to go out and about on it, but I did and it's ok I promise
    Slippy likes this.

After you get the bike, work on a generating system that you can power with the bike to charge a battery, good exercise and a little electric power to boot.
    3forus and Slippy like this.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There is no way Slippy is riding a "trike" with a basket on the handlebars. That would put a severe dent in my "Mess with me and your severed head will end up on a Pike" reputation.
    Awesome mental picture
    3forus likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links