New garden, but first... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New garden, but first...

This is a discussion on New garden, but first... within the Gardening forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Goats are amazing, they can jump on and stand on things you would not think possible. The damage they can do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New garden, but first...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Goats are amazing, they can jump on and stand on things you would not think possible. The damage they can do to a car is something to see. Both inside and out.
    "Since goats tend to rub on walls and fences, they have to be extremely sturdy.
    When you put in fencing, use eight foot wooden or metal posts. Space them eight to ten feet apart and bury them at least two feet deep. If you’re using T-posts, pound them in past the V at the bottom that holds them in the ground. The corner posts must be on the outside as goats will climb up a fence support in the blink of an eye."

Attachment 107537
    Just remember, it's wrong to kick a goat.
    Michael_Js and Sasquatch like this.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Just remember, it's wrong to kick a goat.
    Goats can be a major pain in the neck and pocket book.
    Mad Trapper likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    A new garden fence. Our garden will be sharing space with the goats so we gotta keep them out.

Went with a hog wire style. Put in posts and now installing the panels I built.

We have a garden now but it's much too small.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Excellent job Sas my boy!

If you do raised beds make them deep enough that they become "compost" piles in themselves. The better the soil the better the yield!
    Michael_Js and Sasquatch like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I figure California goats must be too lazy to jump over that fence. Mississippi goats would be laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Goats can be a major pain in the neck and pocket book.
    At a farm I worked at, the goats were fond of leather work gloves. You take your gloves off , and come back to find one missing, and the goat consuming it. Seems they like the salt from perspiration in sweaty gloves.

One thing goats were good for, was mowing down poison ivy. They love eating poison ivy.
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent job Sas my boy!

If you do raised beds make them deep enough that they become "compost" piles in themselves. The better the soil the better the yield!
    We have GREAT soil here. This area was a wash and has lots of minerals in the soil. I've never seen anything like it. Even so, the compost idea is a definite.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I figure California goats must be too lazy to jump over that fence. Mississippi goats would be laughing.
    THey are lazy, they're Nigerian.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

THey are lazy, they're Nigerian.
    Nigerians? You might need a bigger fence!

Name:  1 nigerians.png
Views: 12
Size:  175.9 KB

Joe

@Sasquatch nice thing about goats Squatch is if they give you too much trouble you can always eat them.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    @Sasquatch nice thing about goats Squatch is if they give you too much trouble you can always eat them.
    I keep telling Hot Nursey that. She thinks I'm kidding.
    Michael_Js and Joe like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links