Gardening Confessions
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gardening Confessions

This is a discussion on Gardening Confessions within the Gardening forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; There are some kinds of food plants that I like to grow way more than I like eating them. The three big ones for me ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Gardening Confessions

Gardening Confessions

There are some kinds of food plants that I like to grow way more than I like eating them. The three big ones for me are peppers (hot and sweet) beans (dried) and pumpkins. I have literally never eaten a pumpkin that I grew. Or a dried bean, for that matter, but for some reason, I just love growing them. There is never enough room in my garden for all the varieties that I want to try.

Do you have a guilty gardening secret?
    Denton likes this.

I lie to my plants every year. I feel guilty when I say, "This year, you will live".
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Allright, I'll come clean...

I really live in an upscale rent controlled Co-Op loft apartment in upper Manhatten.

All those pictures I post with supposedly home grown veggies and such? Well, I send my Mexican housekeeper Maria or the Swedish Au Pair Esla out to the local market to buy some veggies then post that shit on the forums! I don't like getting dirty...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Allright, I'll come clean...

I really live in an upscale rent controlled Co-Op loft apartment in upper Manhatten.

All those pictures I post with supposedly home grown veggies and such? Well, I send my Mexican housekeeper Maria or the Swedish Au Pair Esla out to the local market to buy some veggies then post that shit on the forums! I don't like getting dirty...
    Okay, that is hilarious!
    Slippy likes this.

I buy too much seed. I plant too much. I mean, I swear, last season I planted a grand total of three (3) cucumber seeds and we still have spicy frozen cucumbers in the deep freeze.

Oh Looky!! the seed catalog from Botanical Interests arrived!!
    Slippy, JustAnotherNut and Joe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    My wife does. She's starts to plant flowers or vegetables from the south end of the plot working north. Once at the north, she turns around and buries all of the totally dead plants she just put into the ground.

I tell her she has a 'black thumb.' The kids in the neighborhood fear my wife more than Bela Lugosi. He had to bite them, my wife just pats them on the head...
    paulag1955 and A Watchman like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I planted a refrigerator once...
    Strange though it never grew any produce.
    paulag1955 likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    I buy too much seed. I plant too much. I mean, I swear, last season I planted a grand total of three (3) cucumber seeds and we still have spicy frozen cucumbers in the deep freeze.

Oh Looky!! the seed catalog from Botanical Interests arrived!!
    I've gardened all my life in western Washington. It's HARD to grow tomatoes to vine ripened perfection here. So the first year I gardened in Grand Coulee, I planted 12 tomato plants. We had tomatoes coming out our ears. I actually fed them to the deer!!!

Botanical Interests seeds are hard to resist because the package art is so beautiful.
    Marica likes this.

I always overplant. I hate wasting so I give produce away, and that is a good thing. Most of my overstock now goes to two elderly couples that live nearby. I also can way too much stuff. I never keep my home canned goods longer than two years so I end up dumping stuff down the garbage disposal. I have enough homemade tomato sauce to feed a small army.
    Joe, MountainGirl, Marica and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I always overplant. I hate wasting so I give produce away, and that is a good thing. Most of my overstock now goes to two elderly couples that live nearby. I also can way too much stuff. I never keep my home canned goods longer than two years so I end up dumping stuff down the garbage disposal. I have enough homemade tomato sauce to feed a small army.
    On the bright side, home made tomato sauce is SO MUCH better than what you can buy at the supermarket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links