what fitness are you doing for SHTF - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

what fitness are you doing for SHTF

This is a discussion on what fitness are you doing for SHTF within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I need to do more cardio. I lift weights, both bench and free weights and I hit the bag but I really need to hit ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: what fitness are you doing for SHTF

I need to do more cardio. I lift weights, both bench and free weights and I hit the bag but I really need to hit the bike or run or walk more. Been saying that for years. Pretty sure that it may be my downfall. I watched that funny movie "Zombieland" and it got an audible laugh in the first few minutes when it said "Number one rule of Zombieland? Cardio." I honestly laughed and thought "yeah... no s**t."
    Last edited by Redwood Country; 02-06-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    Annie likes this.

I'm building a house.

I refuse to pay some asshole good money to do heavy labor at a gym and I get no tangible benefit from it other than "working out". I figure the best "workout regiment" is to actually perform useful work.

Since we started the build, I have dropped 4 inches around my middle and gained about 20 pounds. I have switched to a diet of almost strictly carbs and red meat. Mrs Inor makes me take a vitamin every day but I have no idea what is in it.

I feel great right now and I'll probably die tomorrow. But I do not care as I am having the time of my life.
    Denton, A Watchman, Hemi45 and 2 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I'm building a house.

I refuse to pay some asshole good money to do heavy labor at a gym and I get no tangible benefit from it other than "working out". I figure the best "workout regiment" is to actually perform useful work.

Since we started the build, I have dropped 4 inches around my middle and gained about 20 pounds. I have switched to a diet of almost strictly carbs and red meat. Mrs Inor makes me take a vitamin every day but I have no idea what is in it.

I feel great right now and I'll probably die tomorrow. But I do not care as I am having the time of my life.
    I have physical issues because of what I did to my body in years before. Some of the things I did were for country, and some were committed due to testosterone . Either way, what was done was done.
    Sometimes, I forget that I am sedentary and I can't just up and run a chainsaw for a while. That's what I did, Saturday. I had a great time, and took home some fantastic pecan wood for my fire pit. That activity followed me to today, where I was two hours late for work because of lack of sleep due to intense shoulder pain.
    Yeah. I'm a dumbass.
    Starting this weekend, I am going to start doing the exercises the therapist told me to do.
    I swear, I'm going to do them. This time.
    Inor, TG, phrogman and 1 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

so i went to the gym this morning i did 30 mins on the bike and then used the weights. the 30 mins on the bike wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but i wasn't going that fast i kept it at about 60 rpm but the weights killed me. i have a slight birth defect in my right shoulder. so i have to use it a little differently than normal. so doing weights wore it out to day lol. but i feel good i just hope i stick with this i always say i will go to the gym and never do im hoping to stick through it this time. im sure i will be in pain tomorrow

I'm a huge fan of bodyweight exercises and "weighted cardio". I prefer to be strong and useful, not chiseled and pretty.
    StratMaster likes this.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki2011 View Post
    so i went to the gym this morning i did 30 mins on the bike and then used the weights. the 30 mins on the bike wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but i wasn't going that fast i kept it at about 60 rpm but the weights killed me. i have a slight birth defect in my right shoulder. so i have to use it a little differently than normal. so doing weights wore it out to day lol. but i feel good i just hope i stick with this i always say i will go to the gym and never do im hoping to stick through it this time. im sure i will be in pain tomorrow
    Make sure is a bicycle with a tiny seat that you can bike while standing, not the type with a support for your butt and back lol
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of bodyweight exercises and "weighted cardio". I prefer to be strong and useful, not chiseled and pretty.
    I used to be chiseled and pretty... now I'm 60 and I look like someone chiseled ON me, and it's not very pretty LOL.
    Ditto the weighted cardio comment! I use a weighted vest ('bout 50 pounds now) and go on up to the water tower once a day. I'm chugging and wheezing like a gutshot buffalo, my spleen hanging out of my mouth, but I get up there every day and it keeps me feeling more robust throughout the rest of the day.
    Hemi45, Slippy and Prepared One like this.

My knees are bad from the military
    my Back is bad from the military
    my neck is bad from the military

BUT I can shot exceptionally well and if the fight (like most) goes less then 45 seconds.. well HELL

StratMaster, Denton and A Watchman like this.
    Be a Berean

Because I never really had time for gyms. Over the years I picked up my own stuff . Maybe not state of the art by today's standards but it still work. Spent my entire time in the Army in the infantry. Got lucky no knee problems yet. Most of the stuff I broke healed up ok . Army doctors fixed the shoulder . They did a great job. Hearing aids help with the hearing loss. All in all I have nothing to complain about.
    Slippy and StratMaster like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I eat right and try and limit my caloric intake around 2,000 calories a day. I drink at minimum 40 ounces of water per day and I work out about three times per week. During my work out routine I ride an exercise bike 5 miles for cardio. Then I work out on the machines. I take l cittruline and HMB supplements before work out as well as eating alot of protein prior to work out. After work out I take l carnitine. My muscles seem to recover faster with these supplements. Once I get down to my target weight I'm going to start adding creatine with the l carnitine.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 590a1; 02-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links