Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them. within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hello everybody, I have watched numerous video on people showing off their prep and, the number one mistake I see with a lot of them ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them.

Hello everybody, I have watched numerous video on people showing off their prep and, the number one mistake I see with a lot of them is their food,water, and gear is just out in the open.In the event of a national emergency the government is allowed to take our supplies!This is in Executive order 13603.Now, I don't know many ways to hide food and water but, I have hidden my water in a temporary place which I think you can do even for you kids.
    Right here in the two pictures shown, is way I have hidden it my brothers and my room.He plays video games so I have hidden it like so:
    Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them.-1.jpg
    Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them.-2.jpg
    If you have to hide small things such as small packs or magazine of ammunition than use this video here:

Any other ways commented would be nice.One way I saw online was to stuff cans of food into a pvc pipe, and but an end cap on it that you can take off and bury it underground slightly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Food and Water.Why and How to Hide Them.-gopr1737-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Prepping_Teen; 05-29-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: mistakes

That's all well and good little man, but when you get to be my age and have accumulated much over a lifetime the government can take Executive Order 13603 and shove it straight up their ass.

Come for my stuff?

To paraphrase the Great Lakota Warrior, Crazy Horse , "Today is as good a day to die as any, I suppose"

Molon Labe!

Quote Originally Posted by Prepping_Teen View Post
    Hello everybody, I have watched numerous video on people showing off their prep and, the number one mistake I see with a lot of them is their food,water, and gear is just out in the open.In the event of a national emergency the government is allowed to take our supplies!This is in Executive order 13603.Now, I don't know many ways to hide food and water but, I have hidden my water in a temporary place which I think you can do even for you kids.
    Right here in the two pictures shown, is way I have hidden it my brothers and my room.He plays video games so I have hidden it like so:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	434.7 KB 
ID:	46346
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	524.8 KB 
ID:	46354
    If you have to hide small things such as small packs or magazine of ammunition than use this video here:

Any other ways commented would be nice.One way I saw online was to stuff cans of food into a pvc pipe, and but an end cap on it that you can take off and bury it underground slightly.
    Last edited by Slippy; 05-29-2017 at 11:06 AM.

if the Govt. is going to try to go door-to-door looking for food and water to take, they will likely find more resistance than they bargain for long before they get to my house..... pretty low on my prep concerns. the main problem for many here will be remembering where they hid everything.. I lose stuff I wasn't even hiding, while using it..
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

the FEDs won't be the problem - the local gooberment will just pass Emergency Measure #1 and justify doing the very same .... the politicians, public leaders, civic directors, biz owners, and power brokers aren't anymore prepared than the other sheeple - and they aren't going to just slither away to die without using every ounce of their authority to survive .... if you've allowed your prepping OPSEC to be broken you can expect a knock on the door followed by a door kick ....
    Slippy likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

When they come for my stuff, I'll give 'em the ammo first.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

When your food stores are measured by the tons, then hiding such becomes a bit of a chore. IMO, you are better to not let locals know what you have than hiding what you have. My stores are in their own, air conditioned room inside my upper barn. The door has a padlock on it to keep workers or others from snooping around.
    Last edited by Redneck; 05-29-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Denton and SOCOM42 like this.

The 4th Amendment to the US Constitution enumerates freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. Certain people in the government may no longer abide by the law of the land with their unconstitutional 'executive actions', but I still do. And I will resist any such unlawful action.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    .......... you are better to not let locals know what you have that hiding what you have. My stores are in their own, air conditioned room inside my upper barn................
    Yet you let the world know where you keep it all?
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I've seen everything from re-enforced doors to panels that look like irregularly shaped rocks. I think hiding stuff is like salting away money--if they don't know you have it, they can't find it.

My wife and I will be downsizing in a few years so home modifications will not be done now.

But I'm going to find a place with a small office, and build a lockable bookcase over the entire door. If finances permit, I'm going to re-enforce the walls and back of bookcase to act as a "safe room."

Yeah, you can shoot looters, except in this age you get sued for laughing at someone's "participation trophy."

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    When your food stores are measured by the tons, then hiding such becomes a bit of a chore. IMO, you are better to not let locals know what you have that hiding what you have. My stores are in their own, air conditioned room inside my upper barn. The door has a padlock on it to keep workers or others from snooping around.

should be time & opportunity to disperse & hide if the confiscating starts - neighbor's places that bugged out - businesses that are closed - just open air locations .... should have preps ready for the maneuver and locations scouted out ....
    Redwood Country likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links