Should i sign up for boy scouts? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Should i sign up for boy scouts?

This is a discussion on Should i sign up for boy scouts? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I started out as a Cub Scout, and was a Boy Scout for a few years. The Troop Leaders were all World War Two vets ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Should i sign up for boy scouts?

The Good Cop

I started out as a Cub Scout, and was a Boy Scout for a few years.
    The Troop Leaders were all World War Two vets and the experience gave me a solid foundation in life.
    As Annie, AZ Rancher, and others have said I believe the average Troop is still a good place for a young boy to be.
    RJAMES, bigwheel and hawgrider like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I started out as a Cub Scout, and was a Boy Scout for a few years.
    The Troop Leaders were all World War Two vets and the experience gave me a solid foundation in life.
    As Annie, AZ Rancher, and others have said I believe the average Troop is still a good place for a young boy to be.
    Close to the same story here. Started n Cubs then Scouts and wore em out through early high school. Stopped short of Explorers. Had a blast. Leaned a bunch of devious thngs. The Scout masters were great guys. We was mean and broke oil field trash kids who were sponsored by the Lions Club. The sissy rich kids got sponsored by a big church. We specialized in terrorizing them little darlings on joint camp outs. Anyway..would not advise anybody to get involved with it nowadays. Royal Rangers do the same things and much less likely to bump into a pervert leader but could run into one in there too. At least they dont go around openly touting the virtues of sodomy. Thats got to be a good sign. Anytime there is kids...pedophiles will be attracted.
    hawgrider likes this.

Like RPD, I went through the Scout program from Cub to Explorer and my leaders were all hunters/outdoorsmen/WWII Vets. We learned invaluable survival skills (camping in every season in northern mountain country) as well as self-reliance, respect, ethics and manners. I was very fortunate to be a kid in the 1950’s (the greatest decade of the 20th century) and be taught by men from the greatest generation.

When my son was old enough, he entered the Cub Scouts and I took a Den Leader position. There were so many restrictions and so much PC paranoia that it was essentially impossible to do half of what I did as a kid. The older boys raised money to go on skiing trips and such in the same mountains that I snow-shoe camped in 30 years earlier. My son finished Cub Scouts with the Order of the Arrow and got out. We did our own outback trips after that.

I guess Scout Programs are OK if a boy doesn’t have a man in his life that’s up to teaching survival skills and passing on the basics of becoming an honorable young man, but they’re not what they once were.
    bigwheel and hawgrider like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@InfernoHunter ... you're doing all of this texting through the morning.... shouldn't you be in school?
    bigwheel, SGG, hawgrider and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Anybody with kids interested in boy scouts should forget it and instead check into this group.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rangers
    Hi Bigwheel, I don't know anything about Royal Rangers, but they look like a good group. So does Maine Marine's group, Young Marine's. But the people who are promoting the homosexual agenda want our approval, not just tolerance and they won't be satisfied until they get it from every organization that's out there, even the church groups. So at what point do we hold our ground? I don't want to see the 2.4 million scouts in their various troops fold because of a pc agenda. We're not leaving the scouts. We're staying on and staying with the time honored traditions and values that the organization has always stood for. So to heck with those who wish to change it!
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    @InfernoHunter ... you're doing all of this texting through the morning.... shouldn't you be in school?
    I took a sick day.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoHunter View Post
    I took a sick day.
    Yep, I love those sick days... how many sick days do they give you now (per school year).

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    Yep, I love those sick days... how many sick days do they give you now (per school year).

Rancher
    I dont know tbh

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    Like RPD, I went through the Scout program from Cub to Explorer and my leaders were all hunters/outdoorsmen/WWII Vets. We learned invaluable survival skills (camping in every season in northern mountain country) as well as self-reliance, respect, ethics and manners. I was very fortunate to be a kid in the 1950’s (the greatest decade of the 20th century) and be taught by men from the greatest generation.

When my son was old enough, he entered the Cub Scouts and I took a Den Leader position. There were so many restrictions and so much PC paranoia that it was essentially impossible to do half of what I did as a kid. The older boys raised money to go on skiing trips and such in the same mountains that I snow-shoe camped in 30 years earlier. My son finished Cub Scouts with the Order of the Arrow and got out. We did our own outback trips after that.

I guess Scout Programs are OK if a boy doesn’t have a man in his life that’s up to teaching survival skills and passing on the basics of becoming an honorable young man, but they’re not what they once were.
    Yea.. I am starting to realize that Mine will be better off with just me taking them outdoors and hunting and such.. eventually
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I....can't.....help..myself..... aaaaaaaarrrrrgghhhh:

Join the National Guard! It's just like boy scouts but without the adult supervision!

I sowwy.....it slipped...
    hawgrider and Denton like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links