Watch out, there's fluoride in cheap tea
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Watch out, there's fluoride in cheap tea within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Just seen a piece in the paper about fluoride in low-grade tea, it shows how we need to keep our eyes open for potentially harmful ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Lucky Jim
  • 1 Post By jessicasmith

Thread: Watch out, there's fluoride in cheap tea

Just seen a piece in the paper about fluoride in low-grade tea, it shows how we need to keep our eyes open for potentially harmful stuff.

"Tea drinkers who opt for cheaper supermarket blends could be at a higher risk of bone and teeth problems, The Daily Telegraph reported today. The story comes from a study looking at fluoride levels in different brands of tea, including leading supermarket economy products"
    Do fluoride levels in cheap tea pose a health risk? - Health News - NHS Choices

This is especially important to me because i've got a borderline underactive thyroid (I feel cold and sluggish sometimes) and fluoride makes it worse. I already use fluoride-free toothpaste, so from now on I'll give up cheap tea too.
    In fact I was already halfway through this box of low grade cheap tea bags on the right when I read the article but will dump the rest and only drink the better qual stuff on the left which is called 'PG Tips' because it's the leaves from the top of the tea bush, whereas the cheap stuff is from lower down where the fluoride is-

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I, too, am supposed to watch the fluoride because of Sjogren's.

I am always watching what foods I eat. The quality of food you buy nowdays was not like it was years ago. Everything is mast produced and preserved using some sort of chemical.
    Some of the food you buy at the grocery store may not be the most healthy for you.
    There is an old saying "If you want quality food, then you might as well grow it yourself or hunt for your food."
    Just goes to show what they put in our food supply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

its seems a nice forum
    great discussion

thanks for sharing
    71Chevrolet likes this.

I always drink pg, but then saying that, with anything organic there will always be trace elements I suppose.

Banned

What's the big deal with flouride? I grew up with flouridated water, even flouride treatment in school when we moved to an area that didn't have it in the water. And I turned out just fine. And I turned out just fine. And I fine just turned out. And out just I turned fine. Just fine I out turned and. See? No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    What's the big deal with flouride? I grew up with flouridated water, even flouride treatment in school when we moved to an area that didn't have it in the water. And I turned out just fine. And I turned out just fine. And I fine just turned out. And out just I turned fine. Just fine I out turned and. See? No problem.
    Yeah for the first 50 years of my life I never bothered trying to avoid fluoride, but then my thyroid went underactive, maybe it was caused by a build-up of fluoride in my system over the years, I don't know, and I felt cold and sluggish like a cold-blooded reptile. Luckily I live near the seafront and could at least bask on warm rocks to get warm..
    Then I read that there might be a link between fluoride and thyroid problems, so I switched to fluoride-free toothpaste and avoid anything that contains it and I feel much better.
    (For the record grapefruit seems to help the thyroid, so I regularly eat some)

Good to know, I drink a lot of tea. Got one of those fancy Kurig coffe makers and brew tea in it almost daily. I'll have to check to make sure there's no fluoride in it.
    "A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half."-Jeff Cooper

Sponsored Links