Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question

This is a discussion on Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; red pepper, onion salt, garlic, sugar, salt, ginger, etc...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question

red pepper, onion salt, garlic, sugar, salt, ginger, etc
    Be a Berean

At the risk of redundancy...we are stocking small cans of Beanie Weenies. Having run all the math they seem to contain all the food groups..plus water and vitamins..fiber..protein etc. I think they may rank only slightly behind mothers milk as a perfect food. It would certainly take a person a long time to die if thats all they had to eat.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 08-24-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Slippy, A Watchman and Deebo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    At the risk of redundancy...we are stocking small cans of Beanie Weenies. Having run all the math they seem to conain all the food groups..plus water and vitamins..fiber..protein etc. I think they may rank only slightly behind mothers milk as a perfect food. It would cerainly take a person a long time to die if thats all they had to eat.
    My good friend @bigwheel ,

They now have a delicacy called Vie-Anna Sausages, an upgrade from Beenie Weenie's but then again I'm kinda a classy sumbitch! Check 'em out!

Name:  proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif
Views: 24
Size:  1.01 MB
    Last edited by Slippy; 08-24-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    hawgrider likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good choice..but not enough fiber or water. I love em with with parmesium cheese sprinkled on top. In fact a crazy barkeep over in Wise county brought me out some with with a lit birthday candle on top for my special day a few years back. Everybody got a chuckle. Prob a can of those for breakfast and can of regular old pork and beans would work for supper. About the same water if a person dont mind driking the juice off the Vienners. Smart thinking.
    Slippy likes this.

I keep plenty spices in the Sam's Club 18 oz containers and some 40 oz containers of Lawry's seasoning salt. I also have a lot of small random grilling rubs and Cajun spices. I don't have too many sauces but I do keep some hot sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, mayo, barbecue,tomato and some other randoms. I have been slacking a bit on my stock and I need to pick it back up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Now it would take loco yankee to tout the virtues of Texas Pete. Its made by inbred pecker woods in NC. If its so good they should call it NC Peter sauce. You need to meet my old pal called Frank. Or my Chinese friend named Siracha. lol.
    Texas Pete came in the first MRE's that were issued, we got them in the guard when I was a tank commander back in the 70's.
    I had no idea where it was made nor did I care, I used it to kill the taste of the crappy ones in the case.
    I still liked the "C" rats better, even the ones from the Korean War we were Issued when I was RA in 1960.
    Now as for TU'O'NG O'T SIRACHA, I have a 17 oz. squeeze bottle right in front of me that I am using right now,
    and do on Korean and Chinese dishes that I make a few times a week.
    Now that $hit is hot. I has the rooster right on the front, I watched that stuff kill bugs that got into it!
    Oh, I have cases of the Vienna Sausages stored and cycle them through on about a bi yearly basis.
    I use them with Bush's beans mixed together, I like the maple treated beans.
    Yes we eat late around here, I get up at 10:00 AM almost every day or later and go to sleep around 2:00 am, depending on what is on TCM or AMC.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-24-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Texas Pete came in the first MRE's that were issued, we got them in the guard when I was a tank commander back in the 70's.
    I had no idea where it was made nor did I care, I used it to kill the taste of the crappy ones in the case.
    I still liked the "C" rats better, even the ones from the Korean War we were Issued when I was RA in 1960.
    Now as for TU'O'NG O'T SIRACHA, I have a 17 oz. squeeze bottle right in front of me that I am using right now,
    Now that $hit is hot. I has the rooster right on the front, I watched that stuff kill bugs that got into it!
    Oh, I have cases of the Vienna Sausages stored and cycle them through on about a bi yearly basis.
    Yes we eat late around here, I get up at 10:00 AM almost every day or later and go to sleep around 2:00 am, depending on what is on TCM or AMC.
    I love this stuff. Will get your attention if your not careful!

Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question-2.jpg
    SOCOM42, A Watchman and bigwheel like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Thanks for your Serice Sir. One of my dear old deceased WW II vet pals was on a tank crew under Patton. He claimed to have wastched the famous peeing in the River incident. He said canned bacon was a favorite on the tankers in his era. They cooked it on a hot part of the tank engine. Exhaust maybe? He had a lot of interesting stories.

Crystal Hot Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce for me.

Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question-5.png

Spices, sauces, etc for rice, beans and pasta question-original_bottle.png
    Last edited by Slippy; 08-25-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Have never bumped into any Lousisiana style cayene sauce I did not like except for Texas Pete which prob aint a fair comparison. My goofy yankee son in law couldnt stand it which is unusal since he would eat anything. Never been a huge fan of Tabaco suace since the strong vinegar makes it tastes a bit odd for some applications...but if its all there is we can eats it. I was a Durkee Franks fan for a long time..then I fell in love with Siracha..and have made a circle back to Franks. Their hot wing sauce is better than the regular sauce in my view. Has a bit more pizzaz..lol.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links