Preppers with medications
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Preppers with medications within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have to take medications that require a daily dosage. Also, some of it has to be in certain temperatures. How are others coping with ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Preppers with medications

I have to take medications that require a daily dosage. Also, some of it has to be in certain temperatures. How are others coping with prepping and deciding on how their medications will effect them?

Re: Preppers with medications

I hear someone saying road trip to mexico!

Seriously, I have the same situation, I try to get refilled a week in advance if my insurance lets me. That way each time I get a full weeks worth in case of an emergency. I wonder what FEMAs plan is or guidelines are on this topic?

This is a very serious question. My husband is disabled and has chronic neuropathic pain. All of his medications are controlled substances. The doctors will not give him scripts for more than a month and even if they would, the insurance companies will not fill them.
    I worry about people with diabetes, cardiac problems and such when SHTF.
    There are sites online that you can order medications from with no prescription. They are very expensive and you don't know what you are getting. The FDA is also monitoring these sites.
    We have been experimenting with alternative treatments. When I find something that works I stock up on it.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

it is very scary, that if SHTF occurred these people, sadly, would suffer and ultimately perish.
    I'm lucky to not need any kind of meds, but can you imagine how much those would be worth in that situation??? People would be dying and willing to give up everything to get them. It'd be horrible.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Quote Originally Posted by acidlittle
    it is very scary, that if SHTF occurred these people, sadly, would suffer and ultimately perish.
    I'm lucky to not need any kind of meds, but can you imagine how much those would be worth in that situation??? People would be dying and willing to give up everything to get them. It'd be horrible.
    I would not want to work in a pharmacy. No doubt they will be the first stores looted. The FDA needs to make some changes in allowing people to stock up!
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

I need Metformin, if I don't get it, my sugar will get increasing higher each day. With that in mind I try to get in better shape to reduce my dependacy.

The thing is, if I can't get it through prescription I may be one dieing early or more likely , looking to get it at any price.

I know that a lot of people with diabetes fear when STHF more so than most since some diabetics rely heavily on man made medication. I don't have too much experience with diabetes myself but are there any plants you can plant around your property that can be harvested in the event of you lacking medication? I came across a few plants that can grow locally that apparently can be helpful in a lot of different ways. Over the centuries we have become increasing dependent on synthetic medication but we learned of these from natural products, I'm looking into herbal remedies and natural medications just in case I ever need them.

The Best Herbs and Supplements for Diabetes | Reader's Digest
    JCDR - Blood glucose, Diabetes, insulin plant leaves.
    Plants As Means Of Blood Sugar Control

Like I said, I don't have much experience with diabetes so forgive me if I'm incorrect but if these articles help any then I'll be happy. I believe the second article in particular states that consuming the one plant every day lowered the dosage needed by half.
    DonnaJean likes this.

Any good resources for research on thyroid conditions and high blood pressure?

If you save acouple of pill how long will they last so you could take them later.

2-3 years according to the you tube nurse lady that says I'm going to die in a WROL event.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links