Just spotted Lifestraw products
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Just spotted Lifestraw products within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Pretty decent price from my experience. Lifestraw Family of Products - Woot...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just spotted Lifestraw products

Pretty decent price from my experience.
    Lifestraw Family of Products - Woot
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Now that's a good deal .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Thought we decided Sawyer was best?
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_3s1x672t8b_b
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sawyer is more bag friendly and I like the squeeze bag option to get potable water. Overall I feel it's a better offering in terms of utilization. In a pinch the Lifestraw will get you a drink. And I believe the filtering system is the same.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Why not get both plus a Berkey;

1 is none, 2 is 1 and 3 is best.
    bigwheel, Camel923 and SGG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCanuck View Post
    Sawyer is more bag friendly and I like the squeeze bag option to get potable water. Overall I feel it's a better offering in terms of utilization. In a pinch the Lifestraw will get you a drink. And I believe the filtering system is the same.
    The bag feature is nice. We have been using one of the Sawyers for the past few weeks to filter tap water using the gravity method and catching the water in a glass jar. Makes quite a bit of water pretty fast. Not sure on the inner construction on those things...but the Sawyer claims to be able to catch smaller critters than does the Lifestraw..measured in small fractions of microns.
    TacticalCanuck likes this.

The bag feature is nice. We have been using one of the Sawyers for the past few weeks to filter tap water using the gravity method and catching the water in a glass jar. Makes quite a bit of water pretty fast. Not sure on the inner construction on those things...but the Sawyer claims to be able to catch smaller critters than does the Lifestraw..measured in small fractions of microns.
    If that is the case I need to get more. I use the lifestraw when im hunting i just dip my wide mouth canteen into a feeshwater stream and then use the straw. Canada is blessed having the worlds largest supply of fresh water and nothing north of it to pollute it.
    bigwheel and PCH5150 like this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

6 months research showed me this was the best...In-Line Crypto Filter for Backpacking Filters Giardia Cryptosporidium

I have both the Lifestraw and the Sawyer filters. In addition I have Just Water filters, Katadyne Ceramic Filter , Pur faucet filter & even a Brita water pitcher!

Most (not all) commercial filters use some type of Activated Charcoal as part of their mechanism...and that's good. But one of the most important aspects of filtration is how small the orifices are in your filter. To a point..."The Smaller The Better"!

Lifestraw advertises theirs as 2 microns. The Sawyer advertises 1 micron. That is a small difference...but you gotta go with Sawyer. It's
    been too long ago for me to recall the filtration size of the others, but they being older tech I am gambling they are not as small.

Sawyer wins by a micron...That is until the next new high-performance filter comes on the market!

I looked at the "In-Line Crypto Filter" ad...didn't see anything about their filtering size. Until I do see it, I won't buy it.

Grim

Thanks for the link jro1. Now what makes this one superior to the others? I tried to read most of the fine print..but nothing really jumped out as to what made it the best. Hey Grim not sure on the activated charcoal in water filters but we got into steam distilling a few years back..of which the final step they called polishing went through a charcoal filter. A person did not want to drink the water prior to completing that stage. It tasted real funny. They are mighty proud of them little filters too. I would love to have a solar distiller one of these days.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 02-28-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links