Canned Meat Tryout

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Canned Meat Tryout

This is a discussion on Canned Meat Tryout within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So last night I thought it was time to give it a try. I opened a can of Keystone Ground Beef to make spaghetti sauce. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Canned Meat Tryout

Canned Meat Tryout

So last night I thought it was time to give it a try. I opened a can of Keystone Ground Beef to make spaghetti sauce. It looked decent out of the can. Appearance was similar to the ground beef I have canned. Signs of fat which is normal.Heated it before mixing to drain the fat off. Mixed with some spaghetti sauce. Wasn't bad. Finer texture than my fresh ground beef that we buy. I would buy it to stock up on. I have also used the Keystone beef and the chicken. Just thought I would let everyone know in case they would wanting to know before purchase. I have also found it readily available at Walmart cheaper than online.
    tinkerhell, 8301, Renec and 2 others like this.

Thanks for the review. I'll look for it (beside the spam and canned chilli?).

I have some as well in my stores. I get it off Amazon...... haven't seen it in a Wal Mart in my area.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Its $6 and change in Walmart and I believe when I checked it was a lot more on Amazon. Its located with all the other canned meats. I have checked several Walmart's and have seen it in my area. When I looked up Walmart online it showed out of stock within 50 miles. The next day I found it at the first store I checked

Retired Moderator

For 6.00 a can wouldn't it be less expensive to can it yourself?
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Thanks Broncosfan.....I paid $10.77 for 28 ounces last purchase on Amazon. I will dig around a little at WalMart.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 09-19-2015 at 08:32 PM.

There is a canned meat besides spam?

having tired a few myself Kirkland makes a pretty good canned roast beef. As for canned chicken its been hit and miss for a good one. Oh and the peppered spam is really good when pan fried with some sriracha sauce on it.
    sideKahr and Renec like this.
    Irish Diplomacy:
    The ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him looking forward to the trip.

Diced spam fried up with kernel corn from a can. The spam gets fried up first then you throw the corn in because of different heating times.

Vienna sausages are cheap and good with eggs.
    Corned beef with hard boiled eggs.
    Corned beef hash with over eggs.

I used to be able to find canned steak and kidney pie. Loved the stuff. It disappeared around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I used to be able to find canned steak and kidney pie. Loved the stuff. It disappeared around these parts.
    Please share/explain - kidney pie?
    sideKahr likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links