Canned Meat Tryout - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Canned Meat Tryout

This is a discussion on Canned Meat Tryout within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Bumping this, only to add, that I also have taste tested Kirkland ground beef, and it is ok. Gets pretty good if you brown it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Canned Meat Tryout

Bumping this, only to add, that I also have taste tested Kirkland ground beef, and it is ok. Gets pretty good if you brown it a little more, and add some spices.
    I haven't tried the shredded beef, but the "roast beef in gravy is the bomb". I eat about a can a month, over instant rice or instant mashed potatoes at work.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

I have it on my shelf

I called and chatted to them about the expiration/best by date.. the lady explained they are mandated by the feds to give it an expiration at a set time.. BUT it will stay good for LONG after that

as to cheaper to do it yourself????
    For the price, I like to have it in a metal can not a glass jar.. and by the time you count time, energy, fuel, container, etc... I would think it is cheaper to buy it canned

it is great for making beef enchiladas, spaghetti, shepherds pie, .. it is hard to use to make meatloaf, hamburgers

I give keystone a A++ for price and quality
    Be a Berean

I have Keystone in stock too. Wife doesn't like it , but she will thank me when the power goes out and we have to toss everything in the freezer.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We bought a case of Keystone online from the factory a few years back. Still good last we tried a can. Makes an edible sloppy joe..chili with beans...and real good vegetable beef soup. No complaints. Havent tried any other brands.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

25% of the pig population has died off the past two months, which surly will drive up the ham prices.

My wife just told me that Dollar General stores will be running a special for the three days beginning tomorrow.(Nov. 14th)

Their regular price for a 16 ounce canned ham is about $3.50. The special price is $2.00 each. There is no limit or coupon requirement.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 11-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Thanks for this, I just picked up 8 cans, two kinds, smoked and hickory smoked. Best used by date is between March and August of 2024. @ jimcosta
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 11-14-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    bigwheel likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I tried some Underwood deviled ham yesterday. Not horrible, with some mayo it's actually pretty good. Smelled like a can of cat food when I opened it, maybe I should try that too since this wasn't too bad. I will probably add a few cans to my stores, but it won't be a high volume item.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I tried some Underwood deviled ham yesterday. Not horrible, with some mayo it's actually pretty good. Smelled like a can of cat food when I opened it, maybe I should try that too since this wasn't too bad. I will probably add a few cans to my stores, but it won't be a high volume item.
    I haven't had Underwood Deviled ham in awhile. Its not bad for a quick sandwich. I have taste worse canned meat. I like it better with spicy mustard.
    jimb1972 and Slippy like this.

I just grabbed about 8 cans, 4 of each, and one SPAM, will fry them side by side, and have the wife tell me what I LIKE BEST..
    No, its funny, just last night she wanted to fry some spam and couldn't find any.
    And they were 2$ each.
    Slippy likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

So exactly how many years is canned beef good for? I read an article on Spam and the original flavor supposedly is good for about 8 years while some flavors were a lot less. The peppered spam was only good for about 2 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links