Aldi Grocery Store
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Aldi Grocery Store

This is a discussion on Aldi Grocery Store within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Have you ever heard of a small chain grocery called Aldi? I really use this store. They mainly sell off brand food items very cheap. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Aldi Grocery Store

SP

Aldi Grocery Store

Have you ever heard of a small chain grocery called Aldi? I really use this store. They mainly sell off brand food items very cheap. They cut costs where ever they can such as having latches on their shopping carts that will unlatch when you deposit a quarter and when you return the cart you get the quarter back. Also you can just take their empty boxes from around the store instead of using bags. All of this equates into really cheap food. Especially cheap canned and dry food that is perfect for food storage. After my initial purchase of about $500 I can now continue to rotate my one month food storage all for about $100 per year using Aldi!

Does anyone else have an Aldi in their area or a store that is similar?

I have one 10 miles from me and use it at least once a week. I think its a German based store. They have specialty foods that I cannot get anywhere else as well. You have to bring your own bags, but that is perfect for me since I hate plastic bag waste. I have about 10 cotton ones in the back of my cars.

I actually think the produce is much better than Kroger for some reason. I know it costs half of what Kroger sells it for.
    SP, shootbrownelk and hayden like this.

We have one in my town. You can buy canned or bulk goods to store for probably half the price of anywhere else.
    SP and shootbrownelk like this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

They are all over the place up in this area. I tried buying a box of cereal in there once but it looked like it was going to be two hours to get checked out so I set it down and walked out. A lady who works in one and comes to the watering hole on boys day out with the guys says dont buy the meat.
    SP likes this.

We have one a few miles from us but it seems to cater to people who tend to pay in food stamps. I went in there once and the clientele alone made me not want to go back. I don't mean that disrespectfully I just didn't get a sense of safety in there. I guess it could just be that particular store in that particular area but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.
    SP likes this.

We shop at Aldi's once a month. Their canned goods come off the same assembly lines as other store house brands.
    SP, bigwheel and shootbrownelk like this.

Gotcha on that Salty. Heard the canned goods were excellent as well as the frozen pizza and boxed cereal. The times I have been in there it seemed like most of the customers were seasoned citizens.
    SP and 3forus like this.

SP

Quote Originally Posted by rjd25 View Post
    We have one a few miles from us but it seems to cater to people who tend to pay in food stamps. I went in there once and the clientele alone made me not want to go back. I don't mean that disrespectfully I just didn't get a sense of safety in there. I guess it could just be that particular store in that particular area but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.
    No disrespect what-so-ever. I totally understand. It must be different in my neck of the woods b/c when I go I typically see fair dressed, smart, upper middle class folks there. And when I go to the big expensive chain is when I see the food stamps coming out on Delmonico Ribeyes and boxes of Hostess. Must be nice to eat $16 a lb steak every week for free. Guess it's the new gov't cheese LOL!
    Maine-Marine, bigwheel and 3forus like this.

The well heeled yups seem to like the .99 cent only store around here. They do have some good bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by SurPrepp View Post
    Guess it's the new gov't cheese LOL!
    My grandma got govt. cheese via a senior citizens program… best quality cheese I've ever had.
    survival, jimb1972 and 3forus like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links