Can we eat meat?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can we eat meat?

This is a discussion on Can we eat meat? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Can we eat meat?

Can we eat meat?

Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it was good enough for cavemen it's good enough for me..
    But some people say meat is NOT good for us, and I'm just wondering if they're right?

I eat meat of many kinds, pork, beef, fish or fowl.

A good ham sandwich is hard to beat. And I have had some fish sandwiches that rank high on my list of likes.

So, my answer is this we should eat meat.

What do the critics of meat offer as a substitute, is it tofu?
    Get out of here!
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 11-21-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

The Good Cop

You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.
    (I think some of y'all will get that)
    Robie, inceptor, Denton and 11 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.
    (I think some of y'all will get that)
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

The good lord wouldn't have given us teeth if he he didn't want us to eat meat. Let alone put so many tasty critters on the earth for us to eat.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

But some people say meat is NOT good for us, and I'm just wondering if they're right?
    Really?

Really?
    Denton and stevekozak like this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Everything we eat is either illegal, sinful or fattening.

So eat whatever you want. You're going to lose one way or another.

*Me: Goes to kitchen to flip over the bacon on the griddle.....*
    Slippy likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    The good lord wouldn't have given us teeth if he he didn't want us to eat meat. Let alone put so many tasty critters on the earth for us to eat.
    Good point, Bear Grylls wouldn't have a show if he only ate grass..
    God said-
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
    Slippy likes this.

In the beginning God made all people vegetarians. Then He found they did all evil all of the time. After the flood He fixed that.
    Eyeball, dwight55 and 65mustang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it was good enough for cavemen it's good enough for me..

The human digestive system is long and snakey. Not conducive to being a carnivore like a Tiger. They have wide short guts. Humans need some meat but not much. I was a raw Vegan for a year or two..with two pig out days a week to eat anything I wanted and pick up some B vitamins which are not prevalent in the plant kingdom. Its eat eat some meat or take supplements. I was very intergetic..hit my ideal boy weight..which at that time was about 230 or so...and was never hungry. Its sorta of take off of a diet we started on called the Halleleujah Diet. If I ever catch a bad old disease I would go I would head right back to it. Now some natural health gurus claim those of blood type O need more meat than us type A's..but not sure on that. Now my type O pal I worked with for 20 years was a meat eating Methodist who did not believe in the Devil and was in favor or abortion. What a nut job huh? Too much protein in the human diet is responsible for many diseases..such as gout..diabetes..arthritis cancer etc. Start with Fresh fruit for breakfast..all you want. This site is very informative. A few nuts but mostly nice folks trying to be healthy. If you go there just confess to being an evil meat eater and ask for help. There ya go. Cheerio old chap! To borrow a phrase from Sir David Niven.
    Living and Raw Foods Community Support
    Redneck and Slippy like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links