Can we eat meat? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can we eat meat?

This is a discussion on Can we eat meat? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; 100% of people born will die of something. Enjoy the time you have. When I want a medium rare steak with a cold beer Im ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Can we eat meat?

100% of people born will die of something. Enjoy the time you have. When I want a medium rare steak with a cold beer Im going to have it.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The human digestive system is long and snakey. Not conducive to being a carnivore like a Tiger..

Be careful because if you're saying God designed our guts badly you can expect trouble..-

inceptor and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    ..Now some natural health gurus claim those of blood type O need more meat than us type A's..but not sure on that..

Yeah and we poor slobs are caught in the middle not knowing whether to believe articles like this one-

inceptor and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have found the cure for both.

Animals eat plants . . .

Which makes me a 2nd generation vegan . . .

Because I eat the animals that eat the plants . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    100% of people born will die of something. Enjoy the time you have. When I want a medium rare steak with a cold beer Im going to have it.
    Yeah, I'm 72 and have always eaten whatever my stomach tells me it wants, eg meat, veg, jam, fruit, ice cream, jelly babies, junk etc and I'm still alive in good health..
    Bear Grylls is only 46 and still playing catchup to us REAL oldy Born Survivors..
    rice paddy daddy and bigwheel like this.

Everything in balance. If you grew your own fresh food, you'd probably eat less meat. In the summer, when we are blessed with a bounty of vegetables, many dinners are meatless. I've found the older I get, the less meat I eat. Mostly I eat fish & poultry. As much as I love a big, juicy steak, I have found my body has trouble digesting it and I can feel sluggish for 12 hours or so... sometimes a whole day. Never feel that way with fish or poultry.
    Denton and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it was good enough for cavemen it's good enough for me..
    But some people say meat is NOT good for us, and I'm just wondering if they're right?

Meat in general is good for you. Try to limit consumption of high calorie meats such as pork as they will disfigure your body into a fat ass.
    Redneck, bigwheel and Eyeball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Everything in balance. If you grew your own fresh food, you'd probably eat less meat. In the summer, when we are blessed with a bounty of vegetables, many dinners are meatless. I've found the older I get, the less meat I eat. Mostly I eat fish & poultry. As much as I love a big, juicy steak, I have found my body has trouble digesting it and I can feel sluggish for 12 hours or so... sometimes a whole day. Never feel that way with fish or poultry.
    Fish and poultry is is meat.
    rice paddy daddy and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Fish and poultry is is meat.
    No shit, Sherlock. Those two are the main meat I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    If only fish and poultry tasted like a big, juicy steak.
    stevekozak likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links