Any Coffee Lovers? My Set Up!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Any Coffee Lovers? My Set Up! within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I drink lots of coffee! At least two, large, 30oz Yeti cups per days. I grind my own beans and brew my coffee in a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Any Coffee Lovers? My Set Up!

I drink lots of coffee! At least two, large, 30oz Yeti cups per days. I grind my own beans and brew my coffee in a TechniVorm MoccaMaster from the Netherlands (or one of those Scandinavian countries). The MoccaMaster brews coffee at the perfect temperature (195° - 205°) and the perfect rate of speed to produce the perfect cup of coffee. I buy whole, dark roast beans from various sources. When I get enough room, I'm going to start roasting my own beans. Freshly roasted beans produce the very best tasting coffee on earth.

Anyway, I start with purified water that's run through my Crown Berkey. I then grind my beans just before brewing them in the MoccaMaster. Coffee is always finished brewing in less than 4 minutes.

Any Coffee Lovers?  My Set Up!-img_0781.jpg
    Any Coffee Lovers?  My Set Up!-img_0782.jpg
    Any Coffee Lovers?  My Set Up!-img_0783.jpg
    Any Coffee Lovers?  My Set Up!-img_0780.jpg
    Any Coffee Lovers?  My Set Up!-img_0779.jpg
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

The Good Cop

I drink Army coffee.
    Any brand works if it’s strong enough.

Army coffee makes truck stop coffee seem like decaf.

Since I’m only making for one, the old recipe doesn’t work - in a 15 gallon pot of water, take two #10 cans of grounds, empty them into a clean, new, sandbag heat the water until almost boiling then add grounds. Steep until color is like used motor oil.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I drink Army coffee.
    Any brand works if it’s strong enough.

Army coffee makes truck stop coffee seem like decaf.

Since I’m only making for one, the old recipe doesn’t work - in a 15 gallon pot of water, take two #10 cans of grounds, empty them into a clean, new, sandbag heat the water until almost boiling then add grounds. Steep until color is like used motor oil.
    LOL. Yummy!

I heard that cowboy coffee really isn't bad. I think (if my memory serves me) that you have to bring water to a full boil over a campfire. Throw in the desired amount of grounds without any filter. Let it boil and brew for a few minutes. Then, to get the grounds to drop to the bottom of the pot, you have to add some cold water. Then just dip your cup in and drink away. Now I may be wrong. I saw a YouTuber do it about a year ago so I may have missed a step or two.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We drink Kroger brand hot and black from a dirty cup..just like John Wayne. I like my wimmen the same way but kindly dont tell my wife. Thanks. Actually she makes me drink weak stuff..so I ad instant to make it taste like coffee. I am currently into trying to learn how to make world class Frappes but so far everybody says mine taste like chocolate milk that has too much chocolate in it. I cant drink coffee past noon or it keeps me awake all night. Thanks. PS we feel form the hoopla on the mail order black Rifle Coffee. Very underwhelming. Hope they put my money to good use.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 09-13-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    ActionJackson likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    LOL. Yummy!

I heard that cowboy coffee really isn't bad. I think (if my memory serves me) that you have to bring water to a full boil over a campfire. Throw in the desired amount of grounds without any filter. Let it boil and brew for a few minutes. Then, to get the grounds to drop to the bottom of the pot, you have to add some cold water. Then just dip your cup in and drink away. Now I may be wrong. I saw a YouTuber do it about a year ago so I may have missed a step or two.
    That is the other way to make Army coffee if you don't have an unused sand bag.
    Egg shells help settle the grounds, too.
    But, in the field, and especially in a combat zone, fresh eggs are usually unatainable.
    ActionJackson and bigwheel like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Seriously, I prefer the old standby, 8 O'Clock Coffee, and being Floridian, Cafe Bustello Cuban coffee or either of the other two from Rowland Coffee Roasters in Miami.

Maxwell House also has a coffee with 2X the caffiene. We like Maxwell because it's roasted right here in Jacksonville.

French Market New Orleans Coffee with Chickory is good.

Yeah, I'm a pot head. Coffee pot, that is.
    But I like it strong and black, none of the fru-fru crap sold at Starbucks.
    I make what us old truck drivers call "500 Mile Coffee" because it's strong enough you can drive 500 miles before you need another cup.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    We drink Kroger brand hot and black from a dirty cup..just like John Wayne. I like my wimmen the same way but kindly dont tell my wife. Thanks. Actually she makes me drink weak stuff..so I ad instant to make it taste like coffee. I am currently into trying to learn how to make world class Frappes but so far everybody says mine taste like chocolate milk that has too much chocolate in it. I cant drink coffee past noon or it keeps me awake all night. Thanks. PS we feel form the hoopla on the mail order black Rifle Coffee. Very underwhelming. Hope they put my money to good use.
    My mom and dad drank nothing but instant Taster's Choice brand when I was a kid. So I drank nothing but instant for most of my early adulthood. Then, "designer" brands like Starbucks started popping up on the scene and I took a liking to "the good stuff." However, I didn't like the price nor did I like Starbuck's politics so that's when I decided to start making my own "good stuff." The last time I tried Taster's Choice I almost gagged.

Oh ... and I won't tell your wife!
    bigwheel likes this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Seriously, I prefer the old standby, 8 O'Clock Coffee, and being Floridian, Cafe Bustello Cuban coffee or either of the other two from Rowland Coffee Roasters in Miami.

Maxwell House also has a coffee with 2X the caffiene. We like Maxwell because it's roasted right here in Jacksonville.

French Market New Orleans Coffee with Chickory is good.

Yeah, I'm a pot head. Coffee pot, that is.
    But I like it strong and black, none of the fru-fru crap sold at Starbucks.
    I make what us old truck drivers call "500 Mile Coffee" because it's strong enough you can drive 500 miles before you need another cup.
    Yup. Strong with zero sugar or cream. On a rare occasion, I'll have "Bullet Proof" coffee. That's coffee with some good quality butter mixed in. I know ... sounded gross to me at first as well but it adds a nice richness and flavor. Sort of a treat these days. I buy the Irish, Kerrygold Brand butter (salted) which, in my opinion, is the best tasting butter on planet earth. But it's expensive so I don't over-use it.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

I drink mine black, strong and will drink coffee right to about beer:30.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I love coffee and drink it all day and into the night.

I'm not a connoisseur by any means and usually just buy and dark grind on sale. Once in a while I'll splurge on some gourmet beans and grind my own...usually if I'm camping.

I have many different appliances for making it but have used an individual cup pour-over for the last 3 years. Every cup is fresh and hot and cleanup involves throwing a #2 filter away.
    ActionJackson likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links