canned meat - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

canned meat

This is a discussion on canned meat within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 1 pound canned hams, spam, keystone canned meats, canned chicken, canned hash, canned corn beef, tuna, etc..........all available at Walmart. I ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: canned meat

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    1 pound canned hams, spam, keystone canned meats, canned chicken, canned hash, canned corn beef, tuna, etc..........all available at Walmart.
    I buy from there, and BJ's, canned chicken and at least a 100 cans of spam,

plus corned beef hash, canned sardines, mackerel, tuna.

No keystone at this walmart, never saw it, but they got @bigwheel Frank and Beans, AKA Beanie weenies!
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-28-2020 at 07:25 PM.

No canned fish is allowed when Spam is still available.
    The world will not be destroyed those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. "Albert Einstein"

I think Spam is the perfect survival meat store. You can buy it anywhere and if you keep it relatively cool it will last longer than you. The things that make it unhealthy now, being full of salt & fat, make it incredibly valuable in a crisis. Plus I love it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I keep hundreds of cans in storage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I think Spam is the perfect survival meat store. You can buy it anywhere and if you keep it relatively cool it will last longer than you. The things that make it unhealthy now, being full of salt & fat, make it incredibly valuable in a crisis. Plus I love it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I keep hundreds of cans in storage.
    YUP, I have hundreds of them also, great for crucial conditions.

Three quarters of mine are stored in unheated shelters and freeze for about six months out of the year.

I fry up slices and serve with pancakes, then another time with grits, eggs and toast, or hash browns eggs and toast.

I use them sparingly because of the contents.

I can tell you that in the middle of winter in Germany, those green cans were a Godsend to us in the field.

This is where I learned about Spam, we had WW2 and Korean issued cases in the bunker.

Heated them in boiling water, and ate them right out of the can sometimes cold,

with a fork with some Jon Wayne crackers and black coffee while on watch.

Was ready to pour the water and coffee on to the 1919A4 to get it going if needed.

Oh we also had at times shelf stable bread that we used for spam sandwiches, mine with mustard.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    Redneck, hawgrider, Annie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    You know something, I shouldn't go off on your ass but I will because people like you piss me off.

What the hell you been doing all your dang life?

OOOOH OOOOOH LET ME ANSWER THAT ONE!

Damn sure not being prepared or thinking ahead. And now that shat has hit the fan in some areas you want US to do your research on canned meat of all things?

(Slippy mumbles something and walks away from this thread...)
    I can't stand people who ask such a simple question like......

Quote Originally Posted by Macbee View Post
    I would like to buy some canned meat, .......Does anyone have a suggestion as to who I can order canned beef from? .........
    And get this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2X View Post
    What are you wanting?
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    1 pound canned hams, spam, keystone canned meats, canned chicken, canned hash, canned corn beef, tuna, etc..........all available at Walmart.
    The best canned chicken and tuna available, IMO is Costco's house brand, Kirkland. The tuna especially is outstanding and it's canned in water, not vegetable (I.e., soy) broth. Costco also has canned sardines for, IIRC, less than $0.99/can. The canned salmon is more expensive, but is wild caught, not farmed. Costco is a prepper's friend.
    Annie and 65mustang like this.

I like the DAK ham better than Spam. A little salty, but a little pickle and miracle whip on a cracker with it is yummy.
    65mustang likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

I go with canned tuna and sardines for store bought.

A local store had solid white tuna on sale for 49 cents a can. That's when I stock up.

Beans, got to go with Goya just cause they are good people.
    65mustang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    The best canned chicken and tuna available, IMO is Costco's house brand, Kirkland. The tuna especially is outstanding and it's canned in water, not vegetable (I.e., soy) broth. Costco also has canned sardines for, IIRC, less than $0.99/can. The canned salmon is more expensive, but is wild caught, not farmed. Costco is a prepper's friend.
    The big cans of salmon can be a better deal than tuna. Mix that up with pasta, onions garlic celery eggs spices......
    65mustang likes this.

I store plenty of canned Ham, Tuna, Corned beef hash, Chicken, and Spam, all bought from Wally World or one of the other food chains here. I picked up 5 more cans of Spam last week as a matter of fact. I haven't noticed a shortage of that kind of stuff but I am sure if things continue as they have it very well could be in short supply. I have been adding more of those items to my storage over the past few months. I see trouble ahead.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links