bulk food,,best place to buy ??
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on bulk food,,best place to buy ?? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hey all, We live in a rural area (NE Arkansas) and the nearest bulk food source for us is Sams Club. We use them for ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: bulk food,,best place to buy ??

Hey all, We live in a rural area (NE Arkansas) and the nearest bulk food source for us is Sams Club. We use them for rice, dry beans, sugar, flour etc. and store it in mylar bags in 5 gal buckets. I would like to find a place to buy pasta, oat meal, wheat berries because Sams does not stock those locally. I've looked online and the prices for the product is fair but the shipping is high. How/where do you find these products? thanks Don

Check out the online LDS food storage store. (Mormans). They sell in case lots of #10 cans and shipping is pretty reasonable. They do not sell in large bags of bulk.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Maybe try picking a company and buy direct from their website??? IDK if it will work, but might be worth a try.

Here is one possible for grains & oatmeal...... https://www.augasonfarms.com/ I don't know about now with covid & supply issues, but my local Walmart did carry some of these items. And as for pastas.....either catch them on sale & buy several or learn to make your own.
    Michael_Js likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It appears that the best place to buy anything is the place that you can get it.

When it comes to certain things, do you want to shop and shop and shop to save a penny or three? Or do you want to have it when you need it?

I have been using Azure Standard (actually just got an order for wheat berries and they have plenty in stock). There’s no shipping cost added, you get your order sent to a drop sight and go pick it up.

Lots of bulk, organic food. We have been happy with them so far. 🙂

Relook at SAMS again.

You can upgrade your account there to a Plus account (used to be called a commercial account). To purchase without a current membership is $100. You can also upgrade from a normal account.
    Link

You can order online and have free shipping. Therefore, it does not matter if your store does not carry the product.

My account was in a business name ("Co-Op Village Foundation"). When I went to purchase recently there was limits on some products. But because it was a business name they waived all limits.
    Suggest you put in name of "Johnson Family Diner" perhaps just in case. I am able to pay with personal checks by the way.

If you use your regular name and order online for free home shipment I do not know if they will apply product limits. I doubt they will.

Also be aware that if you order in-store products online you can request they freely be on a pallet that is shrink wrapped.
    They will load it on truck/trailer for you.

As an afterthought, if your store does not list an item at all check a SAMS store in a major city. If they have it listed order it online for home shipment through that store.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-29-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Relook at SAMS again.

You can upgrade your account there to a Plus account (used to be called a commercial account). To purchase without a current membership is $100. You can also upgrade from a normal account.
    Link

You can order online and have free shipping. Therefore, it does not matter if your store does not carry the product.

My account was in a business name ("Co-Op Village Foundation"). When I went to purchase recently there was limits on some products. But because it was a business name they waived all limits.
    Suggest you put in name of "Johnson Family Diner" perhaps just in case. I am able to pay with personal checks by the way.

If you use your regular name and order online for free home shipment I do not know if they will apply product limits. I doubt they will.

Also be aware that if you order in-store products online you can request they freely be on a pallet that is shrink wrapped.
    They will load it on truck/trailer for you.

As an afterthought, if your store does not list an item at all check a SAMS store in a major city. If they have it listed order it online for home shipment through that store.

Happy hunting!
    I have a business account with Sam's and have had for many years. I still run into limits on some items. The free shipping has come in handy though.

If you have a Winco in your area, they have a whole department of bulk foods. We got one nearby a few years ago that I use when I need something bulk.

Until a few months ago I was ordering cases from the local grocery stores and the Dollar stores. They are not doing that anymore where I am since the virus panic.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Until a few months ago I was ordering cases from the local grocery stores and the Dollar stores. They are not doing that anymore where I am since the virus panic.
    Pretty much the same here. Things I used to by in bulk and cases are dwindling fast.

Inceptor: In my case they thought I was a restaurant as that is what I suggested to the clerk. She got her supervisor to clear limits without a conversation.
    inceptor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links