Anxiety
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anxiety

This is a discussion on Anxiety within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Good afternoon all. Hope this post finds everyone well and in good health. I wanted to reach out on here and talk about the current ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Anxiety

Anxiety

Good afternoon all. Hope this post finds everyone well and in good health.

I wanted to reach out on here and talk about the current state of things and how it is affecting you, or not affecting you. I have been on the preparedness journey for about 4 years now. In the last few years I have taken it a lot more seriously and have been working harder to get my family and myself prepared. I have to say though, the last year has had my anxiety ratcheting up higher and higher as every month passes. And here in the last few months I have really been stressing.

Even with all of the things I have done I still feel that I am not even close to being ready for what is to come. I have this awful feeling that come fall time things are going to be exponentially worse. I am stressing over family, that no matter what I say or do, just can't seem to get it together and start preparing for themselves. I am worried that they are going to look to me if things go bad. How can I say no to my parents? My grandmother?

We live on a marginally comfortable income. Our bills get paid, I have enough leftover on payday to add a few things to the stockpile or buy a new medical book etc. I still feel like I am not close and it is really starting to worry me. I have so many things on my list that I want to accomplish, classes I want to take, preps that I want to add. Its almost overwhelming and I feel like I am running out of time.

Is anyone else struggling with this? I don't really have anyone IRL to talk to about it. My hubs is more on board than he was pre-COVID but I still think he gets annoyed at times when I try and talk about concerns. None of my family are taking this seriously. I guess I just feel alone in this journey and like I am failing at it.
    Smitty901, Annie, Slippy and 8 others like this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Serious prepping can be a lonely journey. Most folks don't see the point because we always find a way to recover... don't we? And if you think about it, they are right. With all the crap going on in the world, we always seem to find a way out. Be it world wars, climate change, whatever. I think of it in terms such as a terrorist. Yes, we stop almost all the attacks, but they need to get it right just once. It only takes one crisis that doesn't get fixed. Odds are, in my lifetime that crisis won't occur. That doesn't stop me from prepping, because it only takes one.

The way I see it, as long as you are progressing, you haven't failed. Prepping is a lifetime journey... you never reach the finish line. Yes, you might get to the point you have enough food in storage for your family but then you start thinking about close in neighbors or family. Even then, there is so much to learn & stock up on. Have enough garden seed? Even know how to garden? Could you become self reliant without modern conveniences or trips to the garden store?

So much to do & learn... so little time.
    Last edited by Redneck; 07-16-2020 at 12:19 PM.

You are not alone. We suffer in silence as many who don't take what we are doing seriously are either ignoring the situation or completely overwhelmed by it. My wife just rolls her eyes so I don't talk about it anymore. I just keep chipping away. We'll never have everything we think we need but as long as you have enough to get your and the ones you care about a little farther down the road that is the best you can do. As for anxiety I practice Tactical Combat Breathing. I find that it works to calm me down. Especially in traffic at rush hour.

Godspeed
    Annie, Slippy, inceptor and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Green Lilly, I totally know where you are coming from. Don’t feel like you are alone. You’re not.
    Myself? I feel that I am pretty well prepped. But nobody can plan and prepare for everything and every situation. Just do the best you can. Anything is better than nothing and truth-be-told, a fairly moderate amount of supplies will get you thru 90% of situations you are likely to encounter. Few of us can afford a bunker filled with 2 years supply of food and gear isolated on 100 acres of remote mountainside. Just keep plugging away! That’s what most of us are doing, too.

this almost constant flow of crap since Jenuary has changed alot of mind sets >>> if you still have someone that is still not convinced and is actually fighting the prep requirement - you need to move on and forget about their assist & actual usefulness in an emergency ...

unfortunately wayyyy toooo many preppers are thinking this Virus Crisis is catagorized as a top level SHTF and about as serious as they need to worry about ....
    Michael_Js, Green Lilly and 0rocky like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lilly View Post

I wanted to reach out on here and talk about the current state of things and how it is affecting you, or not affecting you. I have been on the preparedness journey for about 4 years now. In the last few years I have taken it a lot more seriously and have been working harder to get my family and myself prepared. I have to say though, the last year has had my anxiety ratcheting up higher and higher as every month passes. And here in the last few months I have really been stressing.

Even with all of the things I have done I still feel that I am not even close to being ready for what is to come. I have this awful feeling that come fall time things are going to be exponentially worse. I am stressing over family, that no matter what I say or do, just can't seem to get it together and start preparing for themselves. I am worried that they are going to look to me if things go bad. How can I say no to my parents? My grandmother?

We live on a marginally comfortable income. Our bills get paid, I have enough leftover on payday to add a few things to the stockpile or buy a new medical book etc. I still feel like I am not close and it is really starting to worry me. I have so many things on my list that I want to accomplish, classes I want to take, preps that I want to add. Its almost overwhelming and I feel like I am running out of time.

Is anyone else struggling with this? I don't really have anyone IRL to talk to about it. My hubs is more on board than he was pre-COVID but I still think he gets annoyed at times when I try and talk about concerns. None of my family are taking this seriously. I guess I just feel alone in this journey and like I am failing at it.
    Hang in there it takes awhile for others figure out it is time to play follow the leader.
    Michael_Js and Green Lilly like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lilly View Post

I have the strong impression the Lord has not appointed us to wrath and will see us through this current mess. I refuse to worry about it much orther than stocking plenty of guns and ammo. Little food and 10 k gallons of water from the cement pond..which surely not healthy to drink but in dire situtaitons it probably aint gonna matter what kills a person. Hang in there. Being dead couldnt be much worse than being alive. lol. Much better according to all the brochures. Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Super Moderator

Green Lilly, I think most here understand your concerns. For whatever reason many friends and family can't--or perhaps refuse to see what we do. Somehow they can't see that something bad's coming; probably soon. We can only use what we have to the best of our abilities. That's all we can do. Acceptance is key. Fear may cause us to mess up.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I have the strong impression the Lord has not appointed us to wrath and will see us through this current mess. I refuse to worry about it much orther than stocking plenty of guns and ammo. Little food and 10 k gallons of water from the cement pond..which surely not healthy to drink but in dire situtaitons it probably aint gonna matter what kills a person. Hang in there. Being dead couldnt be much worse than being alive. lol. Much better according to all the brochures. Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
    You have a pool? Lucky. Get a Berkey, please!
    bigwheel and Michael_Js like this.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Have the same situation and I came to the realization that I can't fix stupid. After all that's happened in the last few months some still won't get on board. Live in a state of pure denial. So there will come a time when the crap will truly hit the fan for them. All help and supplies WILL be shut off and they are on their own. Once you get that mindset it's very calming to not have to worry about them anymore.

Carry on with your own life and STOP torturing yourself. Why go down in flames with the idiots.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links