Lost my job - Have idea about cheap water storage - need input - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lost my job - Have idea about cheap water storage - need input

This is a discussion on Lost my job - Have idea about cheap water storage - need input within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Trying to figure out why chlorinated water needs chlorinating. The water coming out of my faucet has plenty enough to not ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Lost my job - Have idea about cheap water storage - need input

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Trying to figure out why chlorinated water needs chlorinating. The water coming out of my faucet has plenty enough to not need any and has too much to be good for plants. In fact from what I heard chlorine can only exist in water as a gas..so to get chlorine out it needs to be exposed to air with a bubbler. You might wasnt to snag a little test kit to check it. We do that on the cement pond. I have 10 k gallons but cant drink it because of pool stablizer in it. Pretty sad huh? Only way to get it out is distillation I think. Any clues on that? Know you cant filter it out supposedly. I dont know how long it would take to kill a person to drink it.
    No idea. And I find all the information on potable water storage is all conflicting. So I went with what another member here stated and I put half the amount Clorox suggests since it is already chlorinated.

Bad move? Maybe I will find out.
    bigwheel likes this.

I have an MSR Sweetwater hand purifier as well as a Katadyn Pocket Micro filter. Great choices. Watch TV and pump clean drinking water from pond water. I want a Royal Berkey. Even easier. Good luck and God bless.
    esmok likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Water Bobs

What about waterbobs

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by comp124 View Post
    What about waterbobs
    Strictly short-term storage.
    esmok likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Just an update. I went back to that bakery this past Friday as they instructed and they denied me any more buckets.

As I was walking into the building, a manager or supervisor ran up to me and asked what he could help me with. I told him that I was told by other employees the week before to stop back today as they would be setting back some buckets for me to pickup today.

He said they don't have any buckets but then asked what I was using them for.

Not wanting to divulge I was storing water in them, I merely told him I like to use them to store tools and transport things in.

He gave me a funny look and told me that they don't really get buckets.

I asked him where the employees who gave me buckets last week got them.

He stammered and responded something to the affect of "Oh, I don't know, they were just sitting around or something".

I said OK and just left. No time or patience for these silly games, really.

Been going around to restaurants, grocery stores and other businesses that might have buckets, including a few local confectioners...no luck. They either tell me they don't have any or that they are not allowed to give them out.

Banned

Sounds like a shift into panic.
    SGG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Sounds like a shift into panic.

Naw, not panicking. Just trying to do what I can to get some water stored, but I'm done and accepting with what I have at this point.

Not going out of my way anymore to find buckets but if I find myself somewhere or going by someplace that I feel might have some, I will stop and ask.

@esmok , I Have to ask, what country are you in?
    I also can add, that water is my weakness, relying totally on city water at the moment.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    @esmok , I Have to ask, what country are you in?
    I also can add, that water is my weakness, relying totally on city water at the moment.
    I'm in the USA

I have never heard the term confectioner, threw me off.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links