The Government response, we're doomed - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Government response, we're doomed

This is a discussion on The Government response, we're doomed within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" <- that guy...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: The Government response, we're doomed

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

<- that guy
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Time to start playing Patriots and Politicians?
    Last edited by Slippy; 03-13-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Inor and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    time to start playing patriots and politicians?
    fify.
    Slippy likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    IF you were a "real" government employee (or more accurately, a Tax Payer Funded person) you would have given a press conference and had 2 black females, 1 black male, 1 hispanic male, 2 hispanic females, 1 woman wearing a hijab and the guy/girl named Pat from Accounting that drives a Subaru and plays first base for the local softball team, all standing behind you at the podium while a really strange looking person gives some very animated version of American Sign Language to the audience as you make your silly little announcement of wiping down the toilets every now and then like you should have been doing anyway...
    Believe it or not all levels of government have people that actually have to do, well you know, work. I guess rather than government "employees" the term should be government "peons."
    BamaDOC likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    There's no shame in it. We need more good people working for the gov.

The CDC has been giving out bad and conflicting advice from the start. I heard someone say, 'In other times people were called to go to war.' In our time we're being called to just wait it out on the sofa.'---if you possibly can. What's so hard about that? If things blow over, great. If not and people the heed, the fallout will be much less than if people had just gone on biz as usual.
    I encourage people to be prepared for things but this is ridiculous. Runs on toilet paper? Really? I was just at the store and it was a madhouse. I think there is just too much of an overreaction.

BTW, I went to the doctor today about a foot injury and while I was there I asked the doc what they thought of the whole coronavirus thing. She said people are overreacting. She also said unless you have immune problems or respiratory problems you really have nothing to worry about.
    hawgrider likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I encourage people to be prepared for things but this is ridiculous. Runs on toilet paper? Really? I was just at the store and it was a madhouse. I think there is just too much of an overreaction.

BTW, I went to the doctor today about a foot injury and while I was there I asked the doc what they thought of the whole coronavirus thing. She said people are overreacting. She also said unless you have immune problems or respiratory problems you really have nothing to worry about.
    The mainstream media that have fanned the flames is comprised of corporations that demand a profit. If they can't start a tire fire everyday they wont make the money needed to appease their stockholders. As always at the bottom of it all is MONEY$
    Sasquatch likes this.

They put me on a “Pandemic” committee at the college where I work. We have a large number of counties in our area, at least 2 have cases. The local University went to “online” classes at 1700 Today. We still haven’t done a thing, and won’t until Monday. My students are EMT and Paramedic students. All have been working EMS, or doing ride time one. So... chances are they have been exposed, I know 4 have. The school knows as well, btw. Still in class, no changes at all “because they wore masks”.
    Yes, they changed the protocol from N95 to respirators today, but we don’t have any for EMS. The state has yet to provide new cartridges for the Gas Masks we were issued in 2003. We still have the ones from 2003 though...
    I’m in SC, so it’s not just Cali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BamaDOC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    There's no shame in it. We need more good people working for the gov...
    NO!

We the People NEED A LOT LESS PEOPLE WORKING IN GOVERNMENT TAKING WEALTH FROM WE THE PEOPLE AND PRODUCING NOTHING.
    BamaDOC, SGG, Prepared One and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    NO!

We the People NEED A LOT LESS PEOPLE WORKING IN GOVERNMENT TAKING WEALTH FROM WE THE PEOPLE AND PRODUCING NOTHING.
    I see you grasp the subtle nuance of this delicate situation. Thanks, Mr Slippy.
    Slippy likes this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

You were asking a podiatrist about the coronavirus?! That's special.
    I asked my hair stylist and she said... You in danger, girl!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links