mylar, ziplock, size
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

mylar, ziplock, size

This is a discussion on mylar, ziplock, size within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I'm using 1 gallon mylar for things like coffee and flour, sugar, they're JUST big enough but I have a super hard time getting them ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch

Thread: mylar, ziplock, size

mylar, ziplock, size

I'm using 1 gallon mylar for things like coffee and flour, sugar, they're JUST big enough but I have a super hard time getting them sealed using a flat iron. I squeeze gently and can still feel a little air coming out. I don't think it should be this hard. I was thinking of using the mylar bags with the zip lock as well. This strikes me as good insurance. Am I on the right track?

Also, how long do 02 absorbers last? I have some that are going on 5 years old. I just reseal the mylar bag they're in every time I use some.

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwired View Post
    I'm using 1 gallon mylar for things like coffee and flour, sugar, they're JUST big enough but I have a super hard time getting them sealed using a flat iron. I squeeze gently and can still feel a little air coming out. I don't think it should be this hard. I was thinking of using the mylar bags with the zip lock as well. This strikes me as good insurance. Am I on the right track?

Also, how long do 02 absorbers last? I have some that are going on 5 years old. I just reseal the mylar bag they're in every time I use some.

Thanks everyone.
    Don't worry about trying to squeeze every bit of air out of the mylar bag while you are closing it with a hot iron. That's what the O2 Absorbers do.

As far as the shelf life of O2 Absorbers? I opened up some Pinto Beans that I put up back in 2012 and the O2 Absorber was still warm to the touch. I think the outside air/oxygen re-invigorates it but I'm no scientist just an extra-ordinarily handsome slightly overweight upper middle aged man with a large gun.... (near me at all times )

Quote Originally Posted by hotwired View Post

Thanks everyone.
    Hey hotwired,

Why don't you go over to the Introduction section and let us know a little bit about yourself?
    Sasquatch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Slippy;1956793]Hey hotwired,

Why don't you go over to the Introduction section and let us know a little bit about yourself?[/QUOTE @Slippy is the Walmart greeter of PF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Sponsored Links