Rationing - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rationing

This is a discussion on Rationing within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut I agree up to a point. IF you mean not eating at all, I wouldn't push it past a couple of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rationing

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    I agree up to a point. IF you mean not eating at all, I wouldn't push it past a couple of days at most, before other side effects kick in. When the body is starved, it will eventually start eating itself. Ketosis may be good for burning off fat, but it's not good for brain function.

https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-w...stopped-eating

But things get really dire after 72 hours, when your brain decides it needs more than just ketones to survive. This is when your body starts to break down its own proteins so that it can use their amino acids to form glucose. This means your body literally cannibalises itself and eats away at your muscle tissue just to stay alive.
    If you don't eat at this point, the break-down of your body will continue, and death can occur as little as three weeks after you stop eating - if you don't get sick from a lack of immune system-essential vitamins and minerals first.

That's all sort of dated. If you have no body fat or insulin problems, yeah you're right. Just check out Jason Fung on youTube if you're interested.

And as for that pond...…….I don't really have enough room for a decent sized one and I'm not sure how to keep the water from draining out, without a liner, which I'd rather not use if possible. Though I may need to reconsider that option. Thanks
    Ah, well even a small one is better than nothing. We have a small on here. It can attract deer and the like. Bang, bang!
    JustAnotherNut likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Super Moderator

@JustAnotherNut check him out. The reason being that this info could give us a psychological edge when things get tough. knowing we're die going to 'curl up on the couch in the fetal position', as Fung says is beneficial in a lot of ways.

JustAnotherNut likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

For toilet paper get compressed towels. https://amzn.to/2Yvtx8F is just one example, 200 for $16.00, the average person will use one a day for toilet paper, maybe 2 on taco night.

Look on craigslist for food grade barrels to collect rain water. simple pre filters will get most of the big stuff out and like Annie mentioned get a berkey.

For those with wells I would think about a hand pump a company called "Simple Pump" has developed one that is efficient and can be used to fill pressure tanks. I am saving for one. The depth of my well is around 250' and will cost about 3k.

Buying freeze dried food can go a long way extending your food supply without taking up much room. It is a bit expensive but a #10 can will give you anywhere from 15 to 20 meals even more if you have smaller portions

al

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links