Canned Chili

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Canned Chili

This is a discussion on Canned Chili within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I do store it. I add it to my own beef... Tonight we're having a family birthday party and I thought I'd try two different ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Canned Chili

Super Moderator

Canned Chili

I do store it. I add it to my own beef... Tonight we're having a family birthday party and I thought I'd try two different types. One has the Hormel, the others got Stagg...

The other additional ingredients are identical:

-Beef
    -Sauteed Onions
    -Refried Beans
    -Chili Powder
    -Red Wine
    -Cornstarch

We'll see what people like and I'll post back.

Super Moderator

All this is done using for the purpose of rotating my food storage. This meal can be 100% made using shelf stable stuff.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Super Moderator

Whoops, I posted the rice 2x's but in all fairness I did make two pots of it. Here's the bread

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    rice paddy daddy and Slippy like this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Annie, I'm so glad you take the time to post these vignettes. Many times I have come across something I'd like to post because it could be an eye-opener to members. For example, I just bought what appears to be your average flannel shirt, yet the inside pockets are big enough--with extra straps for support--to carry an SW revolver quite easily.

I keep forgetting that food and tools are the corner stones to "survival." Thanks for your contribution!
    bigwheel and Annie like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The Good Cop

Mmmmm. Hormel chili!!
    Annie and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I must admit, I have not had corporate canned chili in some time but for purposes of rotation that looks good! Especially the bread!

we've never pressure canned our home-made chili, any suggestions?
    Annie likes this.

Ok, chili question. Years ago I used to buy homemade pork chili from a mexican immigrant. The stuff was out-of-this-world good. Absolutely outstanding over scrambled eggs. Of course , he wouldn’t part with the recipe and he is long since dead and gone. (Killed in a bar fight). Any of you southerners have a secret recipe for pork chili?
    bigwheel likes this.

@Chiefster23, without knowing it, you answered both of your questions.

One, a Mexican immigrant stole a pig to make authentic south-of-the border chili. Ergo, the other Mexican, now realizing his prize pig was stolen, goes to slit the throat of the former illegal.

This is why I carefully oil and polish my knife edges. Clearly a rusty knife kills both immigrants, and allows the southern actors from "Easy Rider" to market their newfound pork products...

BTW, word to the wise. The chili is outstanding, just don't try to "sleep outstanding" in an open field near the locals. Unless Nancy Pelosi is now knee high in cotton, the south is still the south, that being about 1964. This is why modern bike tourists go to Florida riding in large groups...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I buy Hormel chili no beans for when I'm by myself for lunch rather than open up homemade. One time I bought store brand and liked it better, not as watery. I'll have to try stags. Some folks like a soupier chili. Of course that's chili just by itself, no doctoring.

P.S. The bread looks to die for!
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Ok, chili question. Years ago I used to buy homemade pork chili from a mexican immigrant. The stuff was out-of-this-world good. Absolutely outstanding over scrambled eggs. Of course , he wouldn’t part with the recipe and he is long since dead and gone. (Killed in a bar fight). Any of you southerners have a secret recipe for pork chili?
    Now that is a tough question right there. Mexicans dont know anything about Chili since its a Texas thing. In fact they say there are restaurants in Mexico who advertise they have real Texas Chili. lol. Anyway...tell us what it tasted like..looked like what kinda chunks of stuff it had in it and we can clone it. Depending on what part of Mexico the Mexican was from. They all eat different depending on the State...how close to the Ocean etc. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links