This is what will do us in

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on This is what will do us in within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If/when we have a human ending event I think itll be this that does it. Antibiotic resistant bacteria. We'll have no way to fight against ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: This is what will do us in

Super Moderator

If/when we have a human ending event I think itll be this that does it. Antibiotic resistant bacteria. We'll have no way to fight against it and it doesn't discriminate.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denton, stowlin and redhawk like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Well, I do know from my doctors that the "ultimate antibiotic" has been tinkered with in the labs for several years. If nothing else, such research refined what we already had.

There's also bad news. The company that creates this magic pill will want to be rewarded. Such a breakthrough will fetch the sellers several hundred dollars (at least) for a singular capsule.

It also means that your average Joe might not make the cut...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I'd be more worried about China controlling our drug production. But along the same track.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...upply-n1052376
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    I'd be more worried about China controlling our drug production.
    Several months ago my wife lost a nephew to an OD (or a 'hot load). He died from fentanyl.

My wife believes that the Milwaukee police know who the dealer is. It is also her belief that this was done so her family wouldn't hunt him down.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    If/when we have a human ending event I think itll be this that does it. Antibiotic resistant bacteria. We'll have no way to fight against it and it doesn't discriminate.

Thoughts?

Twice in our Son's fight with cancer, he was given "Last Line Antibiotics". Both times, obviously, they worked because I saw him for our regular Sunday Dinner and he looked OK! (Just a little humor, his cancer was cured back in 2000. )

But seriously, we've wondered if he were to have an unrelated infection or something, will his immune system respond to antibiotics like it should?
    Sasquatch, Denton and redhawk like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Twice in our Son's fight with cancer, he was given "Last Line Antibiotics". Both times, obviously, they worked because I saw him for our regular Sunday Dinner and he looked OK! (Just a little humor, his cancer was cured back in 2000. )

But seriously, we've wondered if he were to have an unrelated infection or something, will his immune system respond to antibiotics like it should?
    I think it would all depend on the infection. There are different antibiotics that cover a group of things. If your son were to get something in the group that Last Line covers it may not work.
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Joe

I have been a nurse for about 30 years now. We see more and more patients with methicillin resistant and vancomycin resistant infections all the time. A microscopic pathogen reproduces itself every 20 minutes 2-4-16-256-65,536- etc. Plenty of opportunity to mutate to develop a resistance and thrive in a new environment. Good point Squatch. Keep washing those hairy paws of yours. Handwashing is our best defense.

Super Moderator

They say the gut is very important to the immune system. High-quality probiotics are suggested for the building of the immune system. Not the crap on the shelves but the ones that are refrigerated.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

They say it's a matter of when, not if, a super bug gets loose. It's high on my list of probables but hard to defend against.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Thoughts?

But you know my hairy friend, . . . the preacher in me has to get involved, . . .

Ain't none of us getting out of here alive anyway, . . .

Might as well make sure where we are going when the "bug" takes us out, . . . regardless of the "bug" type, . . .

It's a single floor elevator, . . . one floor "going up", . . . and one floor "going down".

Be ready for it.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Sasquatch and redhawk like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links