Diabetes Type II Post SHTF - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Diabetes Type II Post SHTF

This is a discussion on Diabetes Type II Post SHTF within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by David357 I think there are a lot of things like Diabetes, both types, that they probably have the cure for, but the ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Diabetes Type II Post SHTF

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by David357 View Post
    I think there are a lot of things like Diabetes, both types, that they probably have the cure for, but the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business if they implemented cures. Big pharma makes a lot of money on treating the symptoms. That money would disappear if people were cured. Just my opinion.
    Yes, it's true. We already have the cure for type 2: intermittent fasting and a low carb diet. Also, cancer cells feed off of sugar. But all that is free. There's no money to be had there.

Super Moderator

@Annie - Here's a forum that might interest you...
    https://www.diabetesforum.com/forum.php
    Annie likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I think there are a lot of things like Diabetes, both types, that they probably have the cure for, but the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business if they implemented cures. Big pharma makes a lot of money on treating the symptoms. That money would disappear if people were cured. Just my opinion.
    There is a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, a Pancreas Transplant. I understand that it is fairly successful but often it includes a Kidney Transplant too. I don't know if many insurance companies would approve it.

But, I think your point is very valid about the economics of treating the symptoms not the emphasis on a cure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Don't get me started on big Pharma. That boat I am sending out to shark infested waters to be sunk with Lawyers, politicians, and insurance companies, has more then enough space for big Pharma.
    Denton likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Administrator

My rule of thumb is that folks with diabetes need to do what work for THEM.
    For me personally, I cannot fast, period. When I don't eat, my blood sugar continues to elevate until I give in and eat. That being said, my body tends to be weird.

I think it is also important to realize that not all people became diabetic for the same reasons. Far too many people believe that folks are diabetic (type 2) due to obesity.

Although the parts about obesity in this video do not apply to me, this video made all the difference in the word for me.

I do live a KETO lifestyle and have for more than a few years now.

This is a video I made for a diabetes forum that I work with. It is the basics of what I do.

Just my 2 cents...
    Denton and Annie like this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Administrator

P.S. I don't call it a CURE for diabetes. A cure would indicate I could go back to eating whatever the heck I want, and that is simply not the cases. (Just semantics, I know.) For me it is simply about having 100% control of my diabetes.
    Denton likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    P.S. I don't call it a CURE for diabetes. A cure would indicate I could go back to eating whatever the heck I want, and that is simply not the cases. (Just semantics, I know.) For me it is simply about having 100% control of my diabetes.
    Cricket,

Do you find that drinking generous amounts of water and moderate exercise while fasting brings your Blood Sugar down?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Cricket,

Do you find that drinking generous amounts of water and moderate exercise while fasting brings your Blood Sugar down?
    While I have seen that work for some diabetics, that does not work for me personally.

- Cricket
    Denton likes this.

Administrator

While I have seen that work for some diabetics, that does not work for me personally.

- Cricket
    P.S. I don't live a KETO lifestyle for weight loss. It is simply what happens to work to control my numbers.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

P.S. I don't live a KETO lifestyle for weight loss. It is simply what happens to work to control my numbers.
    A couple comments …..
    I eat a Keto diet staying under 30 carbs a day. It works for my weight control and blood sugar.

I thought we banned Cricket, is her time in the penalty box up already?
    Last edited by A Watchman; 08-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Denton, Cricket and Prepared One like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links