Thin shelled chicken egss? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thin shelled chicken egss?

This is a discussion on Thin shelled chicken egss? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Anybody have one of the old fashioned poached egg cookers? The ones where you put water underneath the egg holders, that got a pad of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Thin shelled chicken egss?

Anybody have one of the old fashioned poached egg cookers? The ones where you put water underneath the egg holders, that got a pad of butter in the egg holders before you added the eggs.

I liked those better than soft boiled eggs as no dealing with peeling the shells.

Thin shelled chicken egss?-egg-poacher.png
    Deebo and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Anybody have one of the old fashioned poached egg cookers? The ones where you put water underneath the egg holders, that got a pad of butter in the egg holders before you added the eggs.

I liked those better than soft boiled eggs as no dealing with peeling the shells.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egg poacher.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	98479
    That's basically like the little cups that can go in my electric one. And I had one real soft boiled last night, before i got called back to work. No where near as runny as that picture. MMMM.
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Just an FYI for future reference...…..

1. Yes, the older the egg to be boiled, the easier it is to peel. That oughta tell ya something about store bought eggs...they're not as fresh as they say. BUT eggs are good for months before going bad. Even if left at room temperature, they can last quite awhile. The US is about the only place that refridgerates the eggs. In Europe & elsewhere, eggs are kept out.

2. Chickens do better & are generally more healthy if allowed outside range....even if it's only an hour or two before roost time daily, or 2 or 3 days a week??

3. Do not actually boil the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, add the eggs & turn down the heat to a soft simmer and add a hefty pinch of baking soda. After about 5 minutes, turn off the heat & let them cool naturally.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egg poacher.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	98479
    I don't have one yet, but is on my to do list.

When we've wanted poached eggs, I just get a pot of water boiling with a bit of vinegar, give it a twirl and crack an egg into the water.
    Slippy likes this.

Sure we had them over the years. Its pretty easy to reduce the drama by cooking an egg in a coffee cup in in the microwave. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/the...-the-microwave
    Deebo and Elvis like this.

I saw a video boiling eggs then please in a glass of ice water and shake it real good and shell will come off easy. I tried it and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    I don't have one yet, but is on my to do list.

When we've wanted poached eggs, I just get a pot of water boiling with a bit of vinegar, give it a twirl and crack an egg into the water.
    I do the same thing for poached eggs, plus I add a pinch of salt and a drip or two of olive oil to the water before dropping the egg.
    JustAnotherNut and bigwheel like this.

I played the lottery after getting this in one clutch of eggs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thin shelled chicken egss?-double-eggs.jpg  

Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Wow..double double yokers.Thats special. Congrats.

Hard boiled eggs are always hard to peel if the eggs used were very fresh. In that case, yes, it's best to let them sit in the refrigerator for a few weeks to age. OR (and I just recently discovered this) if you cook them in an Instant Pot, the eggs peel perfectly every time no matter how fresh they are. I understand the Instant Pot is not an option if there's no electricity available, but a pressure canner or other non-electric pressure cooker would work just as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links