Does this feeling ever happen to you? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Does this feeling ever happen to you?

This is a discussion on Does this feeling ever happen to you? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Or you might want to look into full spectrum Cannibis Oil. It seems more efficacious than CBD oil. I am looking ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Does this feeling ever happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Or you might want to look into full spectrum Cannibis Oil. It seems more efficacious than CBD oil.
    I am looking into that very thing, Full Spectrum CBD. I like the idea that it's from a plant, not a bottle of chemicals. My wife is riding me about being on anxiety meds and then washing them down with the oil. But I've talked to several friends--many worse off than I am--and I've heard some very good things.

BTW, I am working with a charity outfit called "The House of Hope." Lots of parents bring their children to Madison for a hospital stay, wiping out all their savings. The House of Hope is a place where they can stay. In fact, in The KimberForum, several guys bought "charity knives" with every dime going to this project.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The CBD is the key, the key that many people miss or don't know about or understand.
    It's not weed as a whole, it's using the part(s) that have positive and real benefits w/o or far less of the euphoria of weed. Plus it doesn't have a mile long list of side effects of a lot of modern medicines, some of which can have permanent and even deadly.
    Personally I'd rather maybe be just a tad high then take a pill that makes me feel like a rag doll sitting on a shelf watching the world go by, as I have done both.

IMO it's worth looking into @The Tourist .
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Don't be asinine. This is a prepper forum. Guns are part of prepping. We sometimes talk about guns. That does not make this a gun forum.
    Not to be asinine about it but if you don't have guns you WON"T have and you won't keep your preps long in a shtf situation. Guns play a very big part of survival even if you don't see it that way and it could be called gun prepping for survival forum just as well. But you won't see it that way so we will agree to disagree.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Not sure on laws where you are? How about getting some seeds and growing your own? Ditch those script drugs.

I just had a life-long friend go full blown nutty because of prescribed meds. He got to the point of suicidal, friends and family had him, "evaluated", 72 hrs they let him out.

He decided to burn his house down and those homes of family and friends, he's "safe" now , in the crowbar hotel.

Well real preppers would not dare be brave enough to post anything on an unsecured chat board. My old Retrired Air Force Cololnel pal who is highly serious..says all places like this are funded by the FBI/DHS etc. and they read what nutty things we say each day..or run it through a super computer or something. So the big danger is them to know our Tourista pal is on pscycho meds and has guns. That might tempt them to come and take em as has been going on on the left coast recently. Glad we are only here to have fun and tell whoppers.
    ekim and phrogman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    As lots of you know, I take meds for anxiety. But another feeling has been creeping into my opinions.

I came here to learn stuff because I'm just your average citizen. I've learned a lot. Then something happened.

I was reading a survival magazine at the coffee shop, and I just got bummed out, big time. All the elements like, no food, marauders, radiation, weapons, medicine, heavy casualties, etc. I had to put the magazine back into the rack.

The reason I like it here is that periodically Denton's nurse at the "home" let's him use the institution's computer. I find I can make it through just about anything if I can find a laugh.

But sometimes it does happen here. My wife needs meds, but we have 4WDs and enough weapons to make it out, etc--but a situation neither of us were trained for other than use of the item and maintenance.

It's also been very gloomy, dark and cold in my area, and this adds to the atmosphere. But it sometimes strikes me as what it might be like "the last man standing."

Does anyone here ever decide to stop prepping for a day or two, just for a breather?
    Prepping is not something that one can start and stop. It's more of a mindset than anything else.

Confidence in what you are able to do and knowing what you can't is often the first epiphiny for the whole Prepper Mindset.

Knowing those two limits can help stabilize your depressing thoughts. Some SHTF events are way beyond our control - such as the Rapture or a major strike by the planet Neibu.

Other SHTF events can seem relatively minor. Such as stopping the bleeding when someone has cut an artery.

The more you work out how to react to these individual mini -shtf events, the greater your tool box will be filled. you'll then find it very easy to link a number of these mini event tasks together to handle a larger event.

Don't give up hope
    bigwheel, Lunatic Wrench and ekim like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

As lots of you know, I take meds for anxiety. But another feeling has been creeping into my opinions.

I came here to learn stuff because I'm just your average citizen. I've learned a lot. Then something happened.

I was reading a survival magazine at the coffee shop, and I just got bummed out, big time. All the elements like, no food, marauders, radiation, weapons, medicine, heavy casualties, etc. I had to put the magazine back into the rack.

The reason I like it here is that periodically Denton's nurse at the "home" let's him use the institution's computer. I find I can make it through just about anything if I can find a laugh.

But sometimes it does happen here. My wife needs meds, but we have 4WDs and enough weapons to make it out, etc--but a situation neither of us were trained for other than use of the item and maintenance.

It's also been very gloomy, dark and cold in my area, and this adds to the atmosphere. But it sometimes strikes me as what it might be like "the last man standing."

Does anyone here ever decide to stop prepping for a day or two, just for a breather?
    Damn Tourist....after SHTF and I get my wife and kids to the inlaws for long term living...I'll make my way out to give you a hand. You stock pile the food and ammo, I'll take care of the marauders.
    Other than short term issues. Food, water, and medical. All my prepping simply involves learning AND PRACTICING LIVING basic.

Lots of folks think they can start a friction fire.....or make water safe to drink.....but YOUTUBE learning...even when you have it written down or in binders or electronic form...doesn't mean a damn when your ass is cold, thirsty, and starving.

I go out every now and then and do something...just mainly to have a little fun, realize I'm really out of shape, and it makes me appreciate the hell out of ATM's, Microwaves, Lighters and McDonalds.
    Last edited by Old SF Guy; 12-29-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    bigwheel and ekim like this.

I doubt the government has anything to fear from me. Anxiety is a condition turned inward, not outward. In my case, it's guilt and shame. The new wrinkle is agoraphobia, which I do not understand. It's been cold here, which is also something that bothers me for some reason. So I sit by the gas fireplace and read.

I think the bigger problem is when a strong central government gets HIPAA thrown out. Everyone will be investigated then.
    bigwheel likes this.

I doubt the government has anything to fear from me. Anxiety is a condition turned inward, not outward. In my case, it's guilt and shame. The new wrinkle is agoraphobia, which I do not understand. It's been cold here, which is also something that bothers me for some reason. So I sit by the gas fireplace and read.

I think the bigger problem is when a strong central government gets HIPAA thrown out. Everyone will be investigated then.
    As if the government doesn't investigate citizens now, like a law or regulation will stop the government. Never has before.
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    As if the government doesn't investigate citizens now, like a law or regulation will stop the government. Never has before.
    Well, that's kind of my point. As you'll remember, when Homeland was first established they used to check the book lists of Barnes & Noble customers. I know the reason now, they were looking for people who wanted bomb making information. But at the time it seemed petty.

I'd be easy to check out, anyway. Our Sheriff, Dave Mahoney, is also a biker and a nice guy. He's trying to get better facilities for mentally ill people. But my point is this, he knows every one in my MC by their first name, and probably has for over two decades. If he wanted any of us, even for questioning, all he'd have to do is ask.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links