Coffee talk
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coffee talk

This is a discussion on Coffee talk within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; What are you all doing to prep yourself for coffee? I bought a couple three pound cans to put back this week because I saw ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Coffee talk

Coffee talk

What are you all doing to prep yourself for coffee? I bought a couple three pound cans to put back this week because I saw some good pricing. I figured I can open them and replace as I go anyway.

Both of them have expiration date out about 12 months. I comfortably firgure a year or two after expiration dates on most shelf stable items.

Anyone else have coffee put back?

How much? Per person?

Obviously this is for shelter in place and for long long term survival without access to a grid.

Thanks.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    We usually have about a two month supply, if things went south, we could cut our consumption and make it last longer.

When it is on sale, we buy those big tins of Chock-full-of-Nuts.

Can not say how fast we rotate through them . . . maybe a tin every two months?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Buy as much as possible when it’s on sale. I have a grinder so I like to get the whole beans. Freezing it will lengthen the freashness. Seems to work well for me. Also have a generous supply of ground. What is not froze is rotated. Also have a coffe press. Same with tea.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I drink Maxwell House for the most part but I have 5 pounds in big tins of Chase and Sanborn put back.
    The local grocery store runs it on sale for $5. It’s not bad coffee at all
    If shtf coffee is going to be a luxury item
    Hell, anyone can do that. Hold my beer and I'll show you

Also I have some of the Maxwell House singles in my GHB.
    They look like coffee inside a tea bag and work pretty good for a quickie in a mug of hot water
    Hell, anyone can do that. Hold my beer and I'll show you

If shtf coffee is going to be a luxury item
    Yup and I'm not going to be too fussy about how old it is.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

I have a lot of coffee stored. I have opened a container after 3-5 years and it's still decent. Coffee is one thing I would rather not do without.

We have both a Costco and Sam's membership. My wife prefers Maxwell House but neither carry it often but when they do, it's usually on sale. Whether it's Folgers or Maxwell House, we only buy when it's on sale.

A number of years ago I bought my wife a Keurig because she wanted to try designer coffee. I got on the auto delivery and now we have quite the selection stored. She quit using after a while so we have quite a bit.

Coffee is my drug of choice, it is my beer my tea, my go to comfort drink. I enjoy good coffee I grew up drinking Cuban espresso. I had settled in on Folgers Classic roast medium ground. But they have let me down. Quality has gone way down. Be right back need coffee... 130 plus in the dessert of Iraq we had coffee no showers no hot meals but we had coffee. The right inverter and 30 cup chrome pot works just fine .
    Fresh ground coffee has a better aroma , that makes for a better taste. I am now looking at switching brands. 8 O'clock beans use to be great but they sold out and now not so good.
    Black Rifle here I come. Searching the sight now for something that fits me.
    We have a Bunn coffee marker it is prefect in every way and fast. Stock pile yes but I except STHF I will do with out. But I will dream of it and save the last pot for my death bed.
    inceptor and Deebo like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

@Inor is the man to chime in on this one.
    inceptor and Inor like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links