Pay attention to the details
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Pay attention to the details within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I posted awhile back that I had lost sight in my right eye and was honing my left handed shooting skills. Well, after seeing several ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pay attention to the details

I posted awhile back that I had lost sight in my right eye and was honing my left handed shooting skills. Well, after seeing several ophthalmologists, I have been informed that I suffered a stroke in my right eye possibly connected to the heart attack that I had in november of 2017. The doctors are telling me I should be in agony from the pain... Actually I never felt a great deal of pain, just a mild headache that wouldn't relent. I had some sensation of lights flashing in my peripheral vision, and some slight blurring from a cataract that was forming, but no real pain. Because of the heart attack, I postponed the eye exams... Bad choise! Just because it doesn't hurt is no reason to put off checking out any irregularities that may be arriving. Especially when it comes to vital life processes and body parts. I'm not whining, but the adjustment to only having one eye is a challenge. One I had never considered. My advise is pay attention to the details!!! If something is amiss don't ignore it and get it checked out as soon as possible! Might not hurt to include a medical person in your prep circle.
    Denton, BookWorm, NKAWTG and 9 others like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Good advice, my best to you @Bigfoot63
    Bigfoot63 likes this.

More than good advice, it's all too easy to put these things off when you feel fine, it becomes more important as the birthdays start to stack up.

I've seen a number of co workers over the years get gravely to terminally ill. After that a majority of those tough as nails construction people head to the Dr for a physical.
    I've been getting mine annually sense my mid 30's, so 20 years now.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Please tell me you at least get to where a cool eye patch.

Seriously though good advice, thanks for sharing.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Great advice. Having injured my left eye while out on mission and having to wear an eye patch for the remaining week, I can tell you it gives you an insight into the difficulty in doing normal things. And becoming essentially night blind, it made for a very difficult time. Even worrying about something as simple as getting a speck of dust in your good eye, which could be blinding in that situation.

Stroke is the sneak attack killer. The last time I saw a doctor was four years ago, not because I haven't been sick, but rather because I am forced to not be able to use a normal Doctor and must go to the Navy Clinic near me and its literally a 3 hour wait, to draw blood and then another hour to see a Doctor for 5 minutes while they say, well your not dying right now. and can you make a follow up appointment in a month or two?

I decided, I'd rather just not know and deal with things as they come, than to waste what time I have trying to figure out what could be coming. But your advice is the wiser choice.

Doing that right now. VA doctor threw up some flags, private Doctor was not in agreement with his concerns. 29th and 30th VA in Madison for a better look.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm due for a retina exam next month

Thanks for the good advice. Prayers for quick healing for you.
    Bigfoot63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Good advice, my best to you @Bigfoot63
    Thanks sloppy, I'm deal with it and learning
    Sorry about that @Slippy , my bad eye got in the way.
    Last edited by Bigfoot63; 08-26-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Dumb thumb

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Please tell me you at least get to where a cool eye patch.

Seriously though good advice, thanks for sharing.
    I want one but the wife is fighting me about it... She said I should get a glass eye. Personally, I'd rather do the patch and call myself capt. Squidward.
    Sasquatch, Joe and Urinal Cake like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links