I had a wake up call - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I had a wake up call

This is a discussion on I had a wake up call within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; @ NewRiverGeorge - If you don't mind me asking, do you have a medical background?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: I had a wake up call

@NewRiverGeorge - If you don't mind me asking, do you have a medical background?

@NewRiverGeorge - If you don't mind me asking, do you have a medical background?

@Bigfoot63

WOW! Thanks for the heads up and damn glad you are doing fine and working toward a full recovery! God Bless you Sir!
    Bigfoot63 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If I had a heart attack I would eat copious amounts of ganja treats daily.

Hope you are well.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    These issues also apply to women as well. This is one area where there is no discrimination.
    Actually, Bigfoot63, there is a bit of discrimination.

There is a body of evidence to indicate many women mistake an upper back ache as nothing to worry about, . . . and indeed it is a heart attack.

And in that same article I was reading, . . . the percentage of "no pain" heart attacks is significantly higher in women, . . . where the damage is just done, . . . and the pain comes later.

But that is another subject, . . . glad all is well with you on this one.

Stay safe and keep reloading.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Piratesailor likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
    I would start with a Chest X ray to check for cardiomegaly (enlarged heart), EKG, Electrocardiogram (ultrasound of heart to obtain Ejection Fraction), Cardiac Stress Test (if abnormal probably followed by a Cardiac Catherizaton) , Labs : Coronary Risk Profile, BNP, Renal Panel....that would be a good start. If you tell them you have concerns they will be happy to order these and more that are specific to you and your situation.

NRG
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGhost View Post

Hmmm .... either George is a medical professional or he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

That is certainly a very scary wake up OP. I will wish you better health as time passes.
    I try with some diligence to be healthy for a few reasons. First, my Father suddenly died of a massive heart attack in 1999 at the age of 55 with no warning and a clean bill of health from what I was told. Second, my family history is ripe with heart disease and heart attacks. I am 47 and have long had that worry about serious cardiac problems. I am at a very healthy weight, jog/exercise diligently, have a pretty good diet, no alcohol or smoking and see my MD as recommended. I do have high blood pressure, but that has dropped with exercise and weight loss. My cholesterol is average as well. Even with that my MD is looking at starting me on a cholesterol med as a precautionary move.
    I want to stick around for a while yet for my Daughters and I am determined to be in fighting shape when the Commie lefties take things too far, as I plan to partake in the purging.
    dwight55 likes this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Glad you’re ok and recovering. The cardiovascular systems is nothing to take for granted.

Two years ago this month I had sporadic chest pains and pain down my left arm. Went to the ER and they jumped on it. I was admitted and a cardio guy called. 2 days in the hospital and every test possible and the results were negative. In fact they said I had the heart of someone much younger. What a relief!! Turns out it was a combination of an old chest/shoulder injury, pulled muscles and some asthma/allergies that combined to bring on the symptoms.

Point being that as we get up there, and our (maybe mine) mispent youth catch up to us, it’s good to go get a full check up of the major systems.

And with that in mind, I’m going to schedule my annual physical right now.
    RedLion and dwight55 like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    I recently had a very rude wake up call. I suffered a heart attack in late November of 2017. Ended up with three stents and a whoe bunch of new meds. Not what I would call fun. The point I'm making is that I felt fine, no indication that I had two blockages. One was 90% the other 85%. I was lucky to be where I was when it happened. My primary never even hinted there was a problem... Needless to say I now have a new primary and to my great excitement a cardiologist. Recovery is going well. Most recent labs say on the right track. Pay attention, because something like this could end your prepping days or the ability to implement your preps.
    Glad you bumped into some folks to get a handle on it. Praise the Lord.
    dwight55 likes this.

I am very thankful to the firemen at the station in Switzerland, fl. And to the cardio team the handled my case at baptist south, in Jacksonville, fl.
    RedLion likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links