VA time of year
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

VA time of year

This is a discussion on VA time of year within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Once again another year has gone by. I know this because VA called and informed me I must come see the Doc again. I think ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: VA time of year

VA time of year

Once again another year has gone by. I know this because VA called and informed me I must come see the Doc again. I think they just like to inform me another year has passed. Keep telling the Doc my goal is to out live him. Tests, draw blood check the boxes once again. Same old questions.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Been there, . . . done that, . . . no medal, or even a tee shirt.

Guess they don't give out participation rewards.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Smitty901 and Gunn like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Mine comes due each January.
    Extra attention paid to my blood work because of exposure to Agent Orange and the diseases connected to it. Such as prostate cancer and Type II diabetes, among others.
    All my numbers came back fairly normal.

For those who don't know, to remain in the VA health care system you have to take an annual physical. No charge to the patient, unless you are in certain groups.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Gotta appointment at the VA on the 18th to take blood....exactly one pint! Got iron poisoning of the blood and to treat it they take blood so my body uses the iron...therefore levels drop. Gotta GI doc that keeps check on my liver a few times a year...not from drinking or Hep-c...Because the iron can cause 8 different kinds of cancers...mainly liver!

Otherwise Dental....and a few other appointments throughout the year for prosthetics and to keep my supply of Ranger Candy...(Ibuprofen 800MG's ) coming in! It's hell getting old!

As far as other prescriptions waiting 3 months on one.....waiting 58 days on an appointment to see why I quit breathing on the operating room table 2 months ago...Typical VA...They will kill ya you know!

They take the blood for comparison and testing . Exposure they always trying to figure out why some have problems others don't. Never ending question. So far I have not had any issue show up. Lucky I guess..
    Still to this day no meds of any kind. Should be an easy visit. By normal Doctor did Physical in August. I know VA mainly focused on that blood sample as always. 1 pound weight gain in 45 years. That has them confused a bit.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

I have the VA Choice. So I get to use one of the doctors at the hospital I work for. I see him all the time at work. He is really trying to do something for me. He just took me off my diabetic medicine. So now I have to see him quarterly for 8 months then hopefully back to annually.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Don’t the questions about depression or problems you may have at home... have to keep that smile on your face or risk loose your guns...
    StratMaster and Mule13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajk1941 View Post
    Don’t the questions about depression or problems you may have at home... have to keep that smile on your face or risk loose your guns...
    No , we don 't have that conversation . We closed that book long ago. He knows better to even bring it up .
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

All my answers are given with the knowledge that they can be used against me; and it is none of their business, and they ain't my daddy. I had blood drawn this morning for my VA doctors visit, that is coming up.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 04-06-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    StratMaster and Gunn like this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

As long as you are not making homicidal or suicidal statements, no one at the VA is going to initiate anything to take away your guns.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links