Covid 19 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Covid 19

This is a discussion on Covid 19 within the Florida forums, part of the Regions category; Originally Posted by jasonrthbn Okay I understand your point of view but have a question how are you to build an immunity without being infected. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Covid 19

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    Okay I understand your point of view but have a question how are you to build an immunity without being infected. Because from what I understand is that once you are infected your body will in fact end up damaged in one way or another so how are we to end up with an immunity without compromising our health conditions

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    As I said, two ways to get immunity... vaccine or coming down with the virus. Sure, a tiny percent of folks might have some damage and some will die. But the vast majority can come down with it and have no symptoms whatsoever or very mild ones. That is life.

  2. #12
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3
    I'm just curious what country do you live in?

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,818
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    I'm just curious what country do you live in?

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    In what country do you reside?
    inceptor likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    I'm just curious what country do you live in?

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    If you are asking me, you can tell by looking over to the left... where it says North Mississippi. That by the way, is in the USA.

  6. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,412
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    Okay I understand your point of view but have a question how are you to build an immunity without being infected. Because from what I understand is that once you are infected your body will in fact end up damaged in one way or another so how are we to end up with an immunity without compromising our health conditions

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

    Let me give you a hint on what damages your body...

    ...


    ...


    ...LIVING!

  7. #16
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,818
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    If people refuse to wear face mask, refuse to social distance, and refuse to self quarantine when diagnosed positive. How are we ever to get back to normal?

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    I'm curious. How do you think wearing a mask and social-distancing will get us back to normal? Do you think that'll magically make the ChiCom virus disappear?

    I agree that people should stay home when they are sick, but considering people are asymptomatic when they first get it but are already shedding the virus, how are people to know they should already be staying at the house?

    We're beginning to learn that the KungFlu has a lower mortality rate than the seasonal flu. We also know that the numbers are far from honest. As a matter of fact, we are learning that much of the official information given us is inaccurate.

    Fear is a deadly and controlling thing and it is being used against the world. Stop letting them cause you to live in fear.
    Redneck and Slippy like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  8. #17
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,818
    Read this. This is what they want you to take when it is available. I won't willingly take it.

    https://www.wakingtimes.com/2020/05/...lter-your-dna/
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    How are we ever to get back to normal?
    Please explain how you see the world getting back to normal? When? At what cost?

    You see, life is full of choices. For every decision made regarding getting back, there is a cost and a time frame. If we want to get back to normal the quickest, we do nothing extraordinary, besides isolating and protecting the most vulnerable. People will die for a short period and then we get herd immunity. If we are in no hurry, then we shut down the world economy, isolate from everyone, and wait for a vaccine. Less people die from the virus but the economy is destroyed and our country goes to shit. I'm of the school of thought, that our economy can't wait for a vaccine. I know my business can't.

    Now, the role of government in restricting citizens is another story altogether.
    Denton likes this.

  10. #19
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrthbn View Post
    Okay I understand your point of view but have a question how are you to build an immunity without being infected. Because from what I understand is that once you are infected your body will in fact end up damaged in one way or another so how are we to end up with an immunity without compromising our health conditions

    Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    "your body will in fact end up damaged"
    This is patently false.
    New York City proved it for us. 25% of the population of that city is estimated to now carry antibodies for the SARS-COV-2, and most never knew they were infected.

    A new study out of Stanford is shining more light on the over exaggeration of this virus and its effects. (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...253v1.full.pdf)

    In the unlikely event we ever get a vaccine that is clean of negative affects/agreements, that actually works against the half-dozen strains of "coronavirus" we know affect humans, and is cost effective, you can wait for it.
    However, in the much more likely event that we never see such a vaccine (especially given the fact that we don't have one for any of the previous coronavirus outbreaks that had much higher death rates, like SARS and MERS), the best thing we can look for is a treatment solution.
    This is what will help those who cannot fight the disease the virus causes on their own, and allow them to recover from infection.
    If you think there is a way to permanently avoid infection forever, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

    The president has proposed a solution from what he's heard from doctors and scientists fighting this disease, and other options have also been promoted. Once these become mainstream treatments, this whole thing becomes a thing of little worry. It will be just like we think of influenza now. Potentially dangerous to the elderly, seasonal, hit-or-miss vaccination, and extremely low death rate.

    Welcome to the human race. We've been beating the hell out of these bugs throughout our entire existence. One day, one might get us all. But not this one, and not today.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

  11. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Posts
    1,778
    Jeez.. I cannot believe the amount of people out there that believe some of the BS that is floating around instead of looking at actual DATA and facts.

    I’ll bottom line it for ya...

    If your under 40 your chances of getting ill from the virus much less sick and die are virtually nil. You may “catch” is but not even know it. And if you do it will be like a cold. If your 50 and over, be cautious but again the sickness and death rate for 50-65 is low. If your over 65 be very careful and if your over 80 or in a nursing home take the maximum precautions. And on top of that it all will depend on your general health.. hence the large number of deaths in the over 80 group.

    Otherwise, go about your freaking life.

    Jeez...

    PS.. if your obese, have high blood pressure or in generally bad health.. now is a good time to get back into some type of shape.
    Redneck, Slippy, Annie and 3 others like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top