bob fishing rod?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

bob fishing rod?

This is a discussion on bob fishing rod? within the Fishing forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; I thought about getting a fishing rod for my bug out bag, does anyone know any small collapsible ones they could recommend?...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: bob fishing rod?

bob fishing rod?

I thought about getting a fishing rod for my bug out bag, does anyone know any small collapsible ones they could recommend?

Pocket fisherman by ronco. Not the best rods but it folds up and will fit into your Bob. It will do the job. I own several travel Rods and the pocket fisherman takes the least space.
    Last edited by Camel923; 03-06-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

You can find several different kinds on Amazon, but I would suggest Yoyo reels.

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Fis...ds=Yo+yo+reels
    Tennessee and wallyLOZ like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Although I have a nice spinning outfit usually with me because Im a big ol fishing pimp and that's how I roll, I have a 10ft 3 section camo collapsible pole that you attach a piece of line to that's about 20-30ft long and tight line with or fish bait under a bobber. Its about 7-10 bucks at any Walmart you walk into. Very simple, very easy and its plenty capable of putting some sunfish in the frying pan in short order.

B'n'M 10' Black Widow Crappie Rig - Walmart.com

Mine is very similar to this one in the link only instead of being black in color, its has a Camofage finish to it as if that's really all that critical. I think it cost me 9.97 at wally world. This is what I often use during the spring Crappie spawn when the fish are shallow or just want to do some "perch jerking". Works great on small Bass and Catfish when they are shallow as well. I have a 30ft piece of 65 lbs test Spider Wire Braid strung on to mine. Just be sure when you rig it to do a couple of wraps around the rod before stringing the tip, at which point add a bobber, snelled hook, bait and a split shot weight and your in business. I use a couple of small bungi cords to attach it to the frame of my pack to transport until needed.
    Arklatex, Slippy and hayden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    You can find several different kinds on Amazon, but I would suggest Yoyo reels.

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Fis...ds=Yo+yo+reels
    I carry half a dozen of these in my INCH bag as well. Could be used as a snare in a pinch as well.

I have a 6'6" one, it actually has good feel to it. I have a vintage Mitchell 300 on it

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Pocket fisherman by ronco. Not the best rods but it folds up and will fit into your Bob. It will do the job. I own several travel Rods and the pocket fisherman takes the least space.
    I carry a pocket fisherman. It works quite well, and its very compact. I just got 3 of the Yo-Yo reels, and im going to try them out this weekend.
    NOT ALL CONSPIRACIES ARE THEORIES! Hidden Content

If you see a Liberal today, remind them just how much of a moron they are!!

Liberals = Weapons of Mass Destruction

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.

I have a yo-yo in my bob. I have used them effectively know the past. I Recently Got a pack of Speedhooks to test out this spring.

http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Hook-S.../dp/B00AQPJ1P4
    Seneca likes this.

We have an Okuma travel rod and reel that comes in a handy pouch. I have never used it but it is as nice as my Pfleuger micro light outfit.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links