Weed Every Prepper Should Know About - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Weed Every Prepper Should Know About

This is a discussion on Weed Every Prepper Should Know About within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Ivé seen lots of plants that are good for various reasons. The problem for me, there seems to always be other plants can be confused ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Weed Every Prepper Should Know About

Ivé seen lots of plants that are good for various reasons. The problem for me, there seems to always be other plants can be confused with them. Unless, there is someone standing right next to you saying "this is it, and that is not it"......... all I am saying, a person had better be pretty sure of what he's doing.
    There are some very good plants out there, and others that will show you a shortcut to the bone yard.
    The one you posted looks to be easy to identify, I'll start looking for it.
    Annie likes this.

Nice! I'm adding this to my comfrey & valarien plot!

If anybody's interested I took a few pictures of the wild lettuce here. I don't like most of the ones I find online because their small and it's hard for me to tell what things actually looks like. I used internet pics and a wild edible plants book to identify it.

I had my husband stand next to it so you can see how high it can grow. Looks like this one is about 10 feet tall if not taller. It's growing in a drainage area for the hills behind us. Nice black loamy soil there. The flowering seed heads look like regular lettuce flowers when you let them go to seed.

Weed Every Prepper Should Know About-wild-lettuce-flowering.jpgName:  Wild Lettuce Height.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  115.2 KBWeed Every Prepper Should Know About-wild-lettuce-leaf-2.jpgName:  Wild Lettuce Leaf.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  104.8 KB
    Redneck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    My understanding is you get some benefit from the leaves but the compound is concentrated in the milky sap and most concentrated in a mature plant that has flowered. They say you cut off the top of the plant & scrape the sap, then every day or so, come back & cut a bit more off & keep harvesting the sap.

Seems the hard part is distinguishing this wild lettuce from a relative... prickly lettuce. Prickly has some of the compound but not as much as wild lettuce.
    Thank you. I'll remember that and keep looking for more info. I don't need anything for pain so it's just an experiment to see what happens. I read that to much could slow your heart down to a dangerous level. The leaves sound like a safe beginning to me after reading that.
    Redneck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    My understanding is you get some benefit from the leaves but the compound is concentrated in the milky sap and most concentrated in a mature plant that has flowered. They say you cut off the top of the plant & scrape the sap, then every day or so, come back & cut a bit more off & keep harvesting the sap.

Seems the hard part is distinguishing this wild lettuce from a relative... prickly lettuce. Prickly has some of the compound but not as much as wild lettuce.
    First of all thank you for posting this. I just ordered seeds. Second, cultivation sounds like opium harvesting.
    Last edited by Gunn; 08-11-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Redneck likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

A bit more info on Opium Lettuce.....

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...-myth_04302019
    0rocky likes this.

Just for the sake of conversation what part is dried to smoke the leafs or stem?
    Are the roots good for anything?
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

The leaf. The sap is a bother to collect and people usually let the leaf and stalk hold it for them. All above ground parts are useable. Roots are not useful.
    We have kratom and some places here people are growing it, but its just getting started. Its a lot stronger and saves the lettuce for littler ones that can take it. Made me think one use of messing with the sap is teething, if you didnt have any orajel.
    Slippy likes this.

That looks like what we call milk weed around here. Very good for removing warts and other skin problems. Just break off a leaf and daub it on the problem area. Had no idea it is psychdelic thanks. Bound to be better than the crappy dirt weed commonly available. Never seen one bloomed out but they claim it looks like this.
    https://www.thespruce.com/milkweed-p...y-host-2132954

POT must be top of the list man that CBD oil cures everything.
    bigwheel likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links