Dysentery and Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Dysentery and Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Dysentery and Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment Doc Bones and Nurse Amy just did a video on dysentery and diarrhea. As always they did a great ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dysentery and Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment

Doc Bones and Nurse Amy just did a video on dysentery and diarrhea. As always they did a great job and it is very informative.

I made a comment about the video and Nurse Amy responded with: “If your forum has other questions, please let us know, we could do a video on the topic if we don't have that already. Thanks again and be safe, Nurse Amy

So is there any video requests?

I am going to attach several sanitation and dysentery PDF's from my electronic library. There is like 17 of them but your only going to get a few, LOL.

latrine.pdf

Cholera_Emergency.pdf

EHB_Sanitation_EN_watermark.pdf

MDCOMMUNICABLE_DISEASES_AND_FIELD_SANITATION.pdf
    Sasquatch, Slippy and OrneryOldBat like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Thanks, I added them to the Monster List of Prepper Stuff to Know.

Anyone else out there with this kind of info on websites, please post them for everyone.
    Slippy likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

bump The forum say bump was to short of a message so I had to type more. Here's is more.
    A Watchman likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Excellent info MatGen! How's your sons doing?

Thanks, MatGen. Informative video. I didn't know that more soldiers died from dysentery than gunfire during the War Between the States.

A good post that reminded me to check: what meds I have stored for intestinal bacteria and protists, rehydration formula recipes and ingredients, disinfection supplies (bleach, pool shock, lysol etc.), etc.......

What are people using for homegrown rehydration formulas? I need to write mine down and put it in the kitchen where I have the ingredients. I have table salt, lite/potassium salt, potassium tartate , baking soda, baking powder, sugars, honeys, syrups, that various combinations can be mixed up. I also like to make some up in herbal tea that has rose hips as an ingredient to provide some vitamin C.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    I made a comment about the video and Nurse Amy responded with: “If your forum has other questions, please let us know, we could do a video on the topic if we don't have that already. Thanks again and be safe, Nurse Amy
    So is there any video requests?
    Yes I have a request, that's more applicable to us up North of Central America, and Mexico... what about Giarada, I assume the treatment would be similar to Ameba...

Rancher
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    Yes I have a request, that's more applicable to us up North of Central America, and Mexico... what about Giarada, I assume the treatment would be similar to Ameba...

Rancher
    We call it "beaver fever," here.

https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/c...fact_sheet.htm
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Doc Doom has a partner article to the video posting - good PDF to have in the med database ....

https://www.doomandbloom.net/dysente...ival-settings/

Doom & Bloom did a few articles & video on cholera - dysentery's more evil & dangerous sister - in 2015 - good companion info to have filed ....

https://www.doomandbloom.net/?s=cholera

if you you're feeling lucky there's a promotion raffle running for the doctoring duo .....

"I recently had the privilege of doing a Q&A video with Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy that have a prepper youtube medical channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/DrBonesNurseAmy). For the next 2 weeks, if you subscribe to their Youtube Channel and post a comment in the comment section of my video that I just did interviewing them ( ), you'll be enrolled to win their Gunshot Wound Kit + The Survival Medicine Handbook."

NO ASSOCIATION WITH THE PROMO CONTEST OR "CITY PREPPING" OR "DOOM & BLOOM"
    Last edited by azrancher; 03-25-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling nazi
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent info MatGen! How's your sons doing?
    Thanks for asking. Hes doing pretty good. He is back to school part time and building up to full time. He will probably have to go to summer school to catch up. He is doing physical therapy couple of times a week to build his endurance up. Slowly but surely.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links